Monday, May 05, 2014

First Night: No, Not That One.

First night living in the car is the weirdest. I just decided. Hey. I am going to lay down. Go to sleep. It was about 20 degrees out. I nearly froze to death. Not really. I am fat enough to stay warm. However it was odd. It was kind of spooky being in the dark but I was not really afraid. You just kind of pick a spot and park and sleep.

Part of what made my decision easier was reading some of the Hobo manuals online. I liked the definition they gave for a Hobo.

Remember the differences between hobos, tramps, and bums: hobos are people who travel and look for work, tramps are people who travel and don't look for work, bums are people who neither travel nor look for work.

So here I am. A working man. Not really traveling but contributing to society while refusing to be part of it. Honestly it has been a relief.  I still do not know exactly why I am doing this. I have had many offers for places to stay. I just feel kind of like society and the life I tried to make is wrong. You all stay trapped in your bad lives, owned by your possessions, and never really being free. I know this is a HUGE generalization and overstatement but I sort of feel this way.

Another reason I think I am doing this is to remove myself from all stress at least for a little while. Living the old life was ALWAYS stressful. For a little bit at least I can throw all that away and just be me. I can draw. See Super Hero movies. Play video games. Learn new stuff.. whatever I want. Freedom is somewhat intoxicating even if part of me realizes that it can not go on forever.

Today was really stressful so I am going to end on this note. I will try and update every day just so people know I have not been killed by some bums looking for change. I have everything I basically need. Food. Freedom. I am warm. I get showered at work. Use the gym. Walk in the woods. Life is pretty awesome in some ways. There are gotchas and things you need to know. Will get more into that in later posts.

10 Comments:

Blogger angerisagift said...

i totally know how u feel,dude. i basically left society 4 over 5 years and i still am in colorado. just couchsurfing and chillin. enjoy the ride,bro

5:41 PM

 
Blogger Tony Bigcharles said...

he'll spend even more time in CO once a poker club opens with legal weed, and im sure one will start up soon. anyway, i forgot how cold it is in Boston when u said u was living in ur car. i wouldnt be surprised if ur CO friend has too before.

8:57 AM

 
Blogger angerisagift said...

true,if and when florida legalize the weed will head down there. MAYBE but.colorado is so killer thou.

9:42 AM

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I'm not going to stop bugging you about this... get a freakin hotel room. You have a job - I know you have money. Cut off the wife though.

3:45 PM

 
Blogger angerisagift said...

or get a minivan,dude.and buy an air mattress

5:14 PM

 
Blogger SmBoatDrinks said...

Awesome! GL & keep posting.......

6:37 PM

 
Blogger Josie said...

Gee Carmen seems to be saying exactly what I've been saying. You're not going to listen to TWO hot chicks?

4:06 AM

 
Blogger angerisagift said...

i always listen to 2 hot chicks BUT only if they r rubbing each other down with baby oil. just joking,ok not really.

12:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo fucknuts, get a room, like carmen and josie said. Get a weekly or a monthly. Living in your car is not freedom. Living in a room with only one bill is...

Oh and I'd also say, hookers, the neighbors,the hotel maids, co workers, chicks in park, smash/have sex with them all.

And your bed will be made fresh every morning.

6:33 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Wish I could get a room WITH Carmen and Josie. :).. Imagine the drama though... "No I want him! No I want him!" haha Just kidding ladies!

6:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home