Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New Year Mechanical Fail

The same sphere of the brain that makes some mechanically inclined also makes them awesome programmers. I learned this from a super hot chick who helped me out with a ride in her jeep when my car ran out of gas. Some days I wish I had taken after my dad a little more and had an iota of mechanical skill. My dad was a ballah. He could take an engine apart and put it back together without breaking a sweat.

We bought my son a basketball hoop with the accompanying accoutrements for Christmas. It sat in the box until this weekend. I finally mustered up enough motivation and feel good to tackle the project. I was ready to quit about five minutes later. It was about 40 degrees out. My hands were hurting. The stupid post thing was not working right.

I dug into some seldom used reserve of determination and did not throw the thing in the garbage. I tightened. I attached. I found a socket set! I learned that sockets do not work very well on 10 inch bolts. I used a wrench. I used a socket. I banged my freaken head on the damn metal. Stupid kid thought it was hilarious too. I got through steps one and two though. There are only three steps. The kid is extremely pleased at my progress.

It is now 30 degrees out so the hoop will not be finished tonight but maybe by this weekend. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home