Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Football Pool

I am enjoying being in Josie's pool. I am not sure how we are going to do. I do not follow these too much. On the bad side we are in 28th place out of like 150 people. We have 103 points and first place is 159 points. I may have made a slight mistake in not playing more people in the first round. I had New Orleans TE and QB, Lions WR, Giants RB, Steelers kicker and Defense, and Texans RB.

You get 4 WR, 4 RB, 2 QB, kicker, D, Coach, 2 TE. My New Orleans and Lions matchup gave me a ton of points as well as the Texans. The Giant's and Steelers not so much. On the good side a kicker and defense are usually not your big score positions. I sacrificed the wide receiver position because Megatron was just too valuable to give up.

Coming into this weekend we have Rodgers, Brees, Bradshaw, Foster, Gore, Nelson, Welker, Gronkowski, Graham, Crosby, and McCarthy as Coach. Preferable outcomes are interesting.

Obviously we need Green Bay and the Patiots to win, also New Orleans give us the best team moving forward. The Ravens vs Texans game we are going to lose a good running back no matter what but hopefully we get some points.

I guess we are in good shape to make a run.. I am just a little nervous at making up 56 points vs the one spot.. especially since he has his two QB's still. One is Eli Manning and the other is Brees... So I guess we hope for a Giant's loss with 300 Eli Manning Interceptions! BOOM!. Oh wait, no, he has Green Bay Defense! I guess we will have to wait and see what happens this weekend.

Wish us luck as first place in this thing is $2500 buckarooos! Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

You can swim in my pool anytime. Thanks for these cliffs notes on how we're doing. :) Being in the top ten this early on usually has no bearing on the outcome so I am not too worried.

Prizes go to top ten, and the mediocre middle man - whoever is smack midde of the pack at the end. I think it's totally possible, which makes watching the games that much more fun.

Go Pats!

8:25 AM

 
Blogger Bayne_S said...

you needed Thomas instead of Megatron.

Got to learn which Georgia Tech WR to go with

2:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home