Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Running

Last post on running gave you the second by second play. Today just an overview. Went for a nice run. I decided to do a longer run than usual today. I found out most of my runs are around 2.7 miles. So I decided to bump my 30-minute run to 40+ and add the bridge crossover.

I start out at work. I change in the office. The bitches all try and paw my legs of course.

I walk down to the Charles. It takes me around 15mins to get there. I am slow.

I then run until I am finished. Usually I do 30-minutes. Sometimes 40. Normally I start out fast and end up dying. Today, partly because it is HOT, I decided to just try and go slow all run. It felt really good.

Forty to 45 minutes later I was done with my run. It consisted of running down to the Museum of Science, over the bridge into Cambridge, then all the way down to the Mass Ave bridge, and back across.

At that point I basically die. Exhaustion sets in. I zombie my way back to the office. Somehow from door to door it takes like one to one and a half hours. I know I am crawling back but that is ridiculous.

Normally on the walk back I notice my fingers have tightened to stuffed sausage consistency. I have only really started noticing this since the heat has gone up to the 80's-90's. I assume it is dehydration. It usually loosens up when I get back to the office and wash my hands and splash my face... if not by then, it passes after I chug down my Gator-aide and rest a little. Sausage fingers suck especially since my fingers are lean, dexterous, and oh so good to the ladies.

If any internet quack doctor wants to chime in with a hypothetical cause of swollen fingers after exercise feel free. Probably means I am going to have a stroke from high blood pressure or something. Ah well can not win them all.

After I relax a bit and do a little more work I catch the train home. Simple schedule.

On a side note I am thinking of shutting down the blog. It would be a shame in some ways because the shit is going to hit the fan real soon. However I am not feeling it at times. Perhaps because nothing much has been going on. I could always fallback before on "Motherfucking fucktard sucked out one outer for a five hundred dollar mother fucking pot! Fuck my luck!".. but alas the Government does not like me harassing retarded fucks so they shut down my favorite pastime. Peace.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bayne_S said...

Poker Blogs with no poker play are stupid

10:05 AM

 
Blogger jamyhawk said...

"since my fingers are lean, dexterous, and oh so good to the ladies."

lmao

Bayne is right. I'm debating on shutting mine down too. BORING...

11:59 AM

 
Blogger Shelly said...

Change it to a State of the Waffles blog. You can't leave me.

You shoulda seen my hands after the 25K. Fingers were so swollen they hurt! I thought my bones were gonna tear right out of the sausages like the incredible hulk or something.

From what I gather, it's a sodium/electrolyte imbalance (so, sort of dehydration, but not just water - actually drinking too much water can cause it too, diluting your sodium levels).

I AM NOT A CROOK!!

I mean, doctor.

1:03 PM

 
Blogger BLAARGH! said...

nooooooooo! don't leave me waffles! I'll come over there and go all cathy bates on your ass... I'm your number one fan....bwhahahaaaaa

1:14 PM

 
Blogger Littleacornman said...

Don't be shutting the blog down.Your adventures are always worth reading even without the poker.Hats off to you for sticking to the running regime.I feel I'm doing well just going for a long walk on my lunch hour at work!

12:55 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Would like to see more frequent posts on your blog buddy. want to do a link exchange if possible -

AceKingHigh

9:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home