Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Just Running

Nothing cool is going on. Just kind of status quo. Yesterday I had to get home earlier because I wanted to watch the kids playoff game. I also needed to get a run in. Running has been kind of blah lately. I have lost like zero pounds. I do not feel like I am improving much. Still need to do something to kick start the drive again.

Since I wanted to do a kind of short workout I decided to go to the track and do what I think they call intervals. Basically you run as fast as you can for a short distance then walk for a bit to recover and then do it again. I warmed up with a 3/4 mile slow jog... then kicked in what ever burners I have for a quarter mile run. I ended up getting a 1 minute forty second quarter mile. I think my normal quarter is like 2:40 to 3 minutes.

It was kind of fun to do something different.. although I have to say throwing it all out there for a lap is WAYYYY different than jogging three miles. I had some serious aches in my side. I did my walk and burned another quick lap before giving up. I spend like 22 minutes running and walking. It felt like a good workout.

Things are gonna blow up soon but for now it is just kind of peaceful and boring. hence my lack of motivation in anything. Peace.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelly said...

Scale is stuck here too. Just got over the sickness. I've had good runs the past month but haven't caught my groove. I need to find my mojo. Mojo, where are yooooooou? Hang in there, my webbed footed friend.

8:08 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:53 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Quit judging the quality of your workouts by how much weight you lose. You could be gaining muscle and that can keep you steady for a while. Enjoy the journey. And I like that you are doing some semblance of intervals, only if you do them once a week and start slow. They are VERY hard. But you've got the right idea. Keep it up!

11:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home