Monday, April 18, 2011

Interesting

I have not had time to try a foreign VPN yet but I hear it works out fine. Not that you would be able to withdraw but at least you could fix your jones. I will report back with whatever success I have.

I personally blame all the winning poker players for this predicament. I mean if you were break even like me then none of this would ever have happened. Fulltilt and Stars would never have sent a check to you and thus the DOJ would not have a case. Please join my break even poker movement. We must save the future of poker.

I am sort of surprised that people are "shocked" that the poker sites were using some sort of end around to get funds to people. I mean please. How did you think it worked? Once the banks stopped taking charges from known online sites obviously they would have to hide the origination of the funds. Der.

Change100 had a good post on the poker situation. I hope she gets through this alright. I feel really bad for all of the friends I have who make a living through these sites and US poker in general. I really enjoyed Erica Schoenberg's quote:

I should be able to smoke a blunt, abort a baby, marry a girl and play online poker if I want to. Quit telling me what to do with my $ or body. FU.


Most of the critical, in depth, legal opinions are that these sites are in big fucking trouble. I only linked CK because she has a nice ass.

One contrary opinion I have seen come from JHUB. It makes some sense but I am no legal eagle so go judge for yourself.

I think the people who say the fix is in and the Government will just win because some rich people want it to happen are probably the closest to correct. You little kiddies can keep believing in politics, truth, justice, and the American way though. I will not try to dissuade you.

I do find it funny that just when I start grinding again this happens. I had a good run of some serious grinding going for the past month and a half. No big tilt explosions. Ahh well. Peace out from the Wafflemeister.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Poker Meister said...

What do you mean "foreign VPN"? I thought US players can't sit down at any table, period. Can we VPN to another country and play from there?

I guess this would be a way of continuing to work up your bankroll for the time you are able to cash out? Perhaps you can chip dump to a foreign relative?

12:26 PM

 
Blogger BLAARGH! said...

I'm in the same boat... I really felt like I had gotten back into the swing of it, then BAM!

The stuff on JHUB was from a 2+2 discussion. Some good stuff on both sides, plus the usual trolls + hatahs. I regret going to 2+2 every time I go there...

Definitely interested in your VPN report.

12:30 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I have no idea if it would work Meister but if they determine you are a "US" player by IP address which is possible.. if you spoof your IP to free lands then it *might* work.. Will let you know.

12:53 PM

 
Blogger BWoP said...

Thanks, I think . . . :-)

7:16 PM

 
Blogger BamBam said...

Uh Blaargh, "BAM" is NEVER to be used in that context, once you actually kinda' sorta' know Bam.

I dig the irony of having Stars, Tilt and 888 all open as I read this.

We may be 'effed up up here with elections every 15 seconds or so, but come on!

Obama FTW?

REALLY?

For a price Waffles, I'll sell you my IPA. Of course I'll have to take into consideration the impact of BamBam becoming "break even." Folks may start to expect too much and all.

:p

8:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home