Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On The Patriots

I have been listening a lot to local radio shows and find some of the conversations interesting. The first thing I hear a lot of is "The Patriots give up a lot of yards". It is true. I agree. However to me it reminds me of the old "Bend don't break" offenses that were so dominant. I remember the glory days when we gave up major yardage during almost every game but hardly any touchdowns. Is that a bad thing? Am I wrong about that? This incarnation may be giving up a little more than those old defenses but it feels right to me. Especially with all the take-aways they get. I am not too worried here.

I also kind of laugh at the teams people are afraid to play in the post season. I hear a lot of Chargers and Steelers talk. Now I know that historical play does not effect the current season HOWEVER when have either of those choke teams done well in the post season? I mean seriously. I want either of those teams way more than the Chiefs or Ravens. I think we can beat anyone but until the Chargers or Steelers proves they can beat us in a meaningful post season game bring them on. The team that scares me the most is probably the Chiefs. I say this because we are so good against teams we have played before and not as good with teams and/or quarterbacks we have not seen. Now we do know Cassel very well but the unknown teams seem to do better against us.

I have the Patriots vs Falcons in my Superbowl. What do you think?

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ummm. I have no love for them but the Steelers might have done a thing or SIX in the Super Bowl.

11:02 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Not against the Patriots in this era.

Jan. 23, 2005 - New England 41, Pittsburgh 27 - AFC Championship

Jan. 27, 2002 - New England 24, Pittsburgh 17 - AFC Championship

I am not saying Pittsburgh has done NOTHING in playoffs.. I am saying in the past decade they have done nothing against the Patriots and I think this will continue.

11:36 AM

 
Blogger AlCantHang said...

It's called "bend don't break" DEFENSE Einstein. Nice try though.

11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home