Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Winning.. What the hell is this?

So I like have won the last three MTTs I have played. Last night was a min cash. It started out good. I had a 4-way all in with AA. Basically I raised, I was re-raised, I then re-re-raised a big chunk and all three other people called. The flop was QJx. Not the best flop in the world but I jammed all in and ALL OF THE OTHERS CALLED. The hands I was against were AK, AJ, 89. So not all that bad. Really just had to fade a Ten and a Jack. With those KO bounties I was able to win a few more and was free rolling the game with like 40 people left.

I played a little tight as it went down. I stole enough to keep my stack pretty high. I eventually lost the chip lead with like 30 left. Some guy totally donked into an 80K stack vs next biggest 30K stack. I had around 12K still at this time.

I got a little reamed with like 18 left. I re-raised pretty large with AQ and got called by AJ. I c-bet the Jxx flop. Turn was a K. River was a blank. I was debating firing out on the turn but I wimped out. I have some doubts that my opponent would have folded second pair because I saw several instances when she called big bets with second or third pair. So perhaps I saved myself a pre-mature meltdown. I was left with 6K at this point.

I got pretty aggressive because the blinds were high. I worked it back up to 10K. I then won on a nice steal and got up to 17K. Everyone had even stacks of 10-17K because the 80K goon had a ton of the chips in play. He then tried to donk out early.. losing half his stack on bad plays. He then shoved the rest of his stack in with top pair vs an overpair and spiked his trips on the turn to return to his former glorious 80K stack.

I made it to the final table with a decent stack. The short stack was the SB and I had AK. I knew he was going to make a move and when he shoved I instantly called his bet. He turned over J3o and rivered a jack of course. I had 1BB left and there were several limpers so I decided to just throw it in with my T5o. Even though I spiked a pair I would end up in 9th place for a min cash.

I think I kind of like only playing every few days. It seems to be working. I think I focus a little more because I am playing less. Now I need to take first in one of these things.

5 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Congrats and good write up.

6:36 AM

 
Blogger Kajagugu said...

You know winning and MTT means actually coming in first, right? Otherwise it would be called "winning" - you see the difference?

9:25 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Winning = +Monies. All depends on what you play for. I shall try and grant your wish though and score a first place soon.

9:46 AM

 
Blogger Bayne_S said...

Kajagugu beat me to the punch.

This would mean he wins as he was 1st

10:10 AM

 
Blogger Wolfshead said...

Waffles and my nephew should get along great. He's still riding on the fact that he finished 15th in a game at the Borgota Open 2 years ago and is still calling it a win.

10:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home