Thursday, November 04, 2010

Very Josie My Personal Bar Wench

Last night was the tie breaker. The first battle was on the Football field. Each of us picking teams and I squeaked out a little win. I then agreed to let her play double or nothing the next week. I mean it is only fair. She crushed me in week two of football picks. It was really bad. I then lulled her into a false sense of security by challenging her on her home field the Very Josie.

I started the night with the best run I have had in 3 weeks. It was awesome. I will talk more about that later. However I did my 3 miles and had enough energy for a huge kick at the end. It really felt good to get back to my pre-sickness running shape.

I got home. Helped the kid out on his Warcraft character a bit then stole his computer and prepared for the VeryJosie. I was looking forward to this and was not disappointed.

I had not played poker in two or three weeks so I might be a bit rusty. It started out as most of my games do surrounded by Hatahs. It was pretty sick. I mean Josie had all her little old men trying to take me down. Acornman was pissed off at a bad beat I gave him like fifty years ago and played JUST TO TAKE ME OUT. It was me against the world as usual. Wolfie was sorta on my side I think.. but he did not commit.

It started out really bad. JewBoy flops second pair with 62o. He calls when Josie leads the flop and the turn gives him trip sixes. He decides to go all in and is up against a 33 set turned boat that Josie turned. No pairing the board on the river and the lady is at a double stack early on.

I teased JewBoy about chip dumping to Josie. Obviously I did not think they would collude or chip dump. I trust both of their integrity and was just ribbing them. So hopefully no offense was taken.

Josie then predicted that I would be next out. I decided to change up my game a little bit for the night. I played mostly tight folding a lot of hands. I decided to bring some old school flavor back into my game though. I played a lot of Negreanu type hands that were small, connected and suited. Hoping to get lucky.

On one hand I looked down and saw 42o. I raised Josie and she called. The flop came some ridiculous 78T flop or something. I did not think Josie hit the flop hard so I fired out. She called. I decided that she needed a spankin so I fired the turn really hard. She thought about it a bit. Called me a cocksucker or something and folded her hand. I then turned over the 42o and she was piiiissseed.

I made a couple of call downs with weakish 3rd pairs. Got rivered a few times. Made some decent pots a few times. Folded to that nit Wolfshead everytime he raised. I had to laugh at Josie because she paid off his Kings when he rejammed her flop bet. Never pay off the nits!!!

We eventually hit the final table and it became donkalishish. We had all in battles with AK vs AJ twice early with the JackAce winning both times. I underestimated Frankies strength of hand when he flopped a set vs my bottom pair nut flush redraw. I decided to put him all in on the turn. He eagerly called and I rivered him with the Queen of Crubs! yeah Baby! (I would link to CK's site but apparently it is private now and I am not invited??!?!? Hello?!).

See you have to have one retarded move pay off to win a tourney. I am totally convinced.

Heffmike was doing pretty well and jamming over Josies blinds like crazy. She decided to take a stand with 66 and was against his 99. I was amused as he crippled her and left her with like 1K worth of chips.

She played really good and got back into it. She was the beneficiary of PushMonkey not being there. I swear I am going to punch him out. She did play really well and was able to get her stack back to even with mine.

We got down to four players. I had noticed Acornman raising my blinds A LOT. Wayyy too much. So I played back at him a few times and made a few bucks. I was trying to be a little cautious though.

There was a four way limp at this time. I had A6 s00ted and the flop came out 662. I lead out and Josie raised me all in. I instantly called and had her 46 dominated. She was so sure she was going to win. It was pretty sweet. I was in pretty good shape now and she was down to 2-3K or so.

I told Josie she was going to be the bubble girl. I also added to our bet. We initially agreed to two drinks in Vegas. Shots of Patron for anyone interested. She was so confident she was going to win I start talking and saying.. "So Josie, your going to server the Patron in a short skirt and a little apron right?".. and she agreed! BINGO!

Finally with four left she decided to jam the Acorn mans raise and again found her small pair dominated with a bigger pair. He took her out and the three of use made the money. I also made a nice couple of shots of Patron served by my own personal serving wench! AHHH YEAHH!

After the bubble broke I decided to be more aggressive. I re-raised all in a bunch of Heffs raises. He noticed this obviously. I finally did it with a pair of eights. He decided to gamble on a race with a AQ. I had like 7K vs his 13K. So not a bad gamble in general although I really hate AQ as a hand. Too easy to get in dominated. The flop was clean but a dirty bitch showed up on the turn and I was out in third.

Not a bad nights work anyways. I had a really good time. The shit talking was good and the level of play was excellent. I enjoyed changing up my game a bit and really thinking about my next moves. It was also nice to win. Josie gave it a valiant effort and it came down to the wire. The better man won though. I know you all hate the perfection that is Waffles but you just gotta live with it. Peace.

12 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

OMFG.

1.) Getting 3rd place and calling it perfection....really?

2.) I don't remember agreeing to the apron thingy...and if we didn't hit trips at the same time, I would've kicked your ass.

3.)"...I decided that she needed a spankin..." I will KICK YOUR ASS.

4.) I have never seen you play a tournament so well.

5.) You suck.

6.) I make an AWESOME wench.

8:56 AM

 
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

It really felt good to get back to my pre-sickness running shape.

I admire you for this.

I decided that she needed a spankin so I fired the turn really hard. She thought about it a bit. Called me a cocksucker or something and folded her hand. I then turned over the 42o

Classic!!

I would link to CK's site but apparently it is private now and I am not invited??!?!? Hello?!).

I noticed the same thing. WTF?

I also made a nice couple of shots of Patron served by my own personal serving wench! AHHH YEAHH!

Wish I could be there to see that. Somebody get a photo, puhleez!

9:01 AM

 
Blogger lightning36 said...

The 4-2os play was classic. I was laying on my bed laughing like you wouldn't believe.

Las Vegas could be interesting ... he he.

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Wolfshead said...

You not invited to CK's either? Join the club. You did play welll and of course I was on your side. Hell I would have taken VJ out early for you if Jew Boy hadn't doubled her up even earlier.

Lightning.

just to let you know in addition to the 9-2 in the Mookie I also got you in the VJ with the Hammer. I'm set to auto muck so just couldn't show. Thanks.

10:17 AM

 
Blogger Josie said...

Mojo, if I don a wench outfit I PROMISE to send you a picture - but no posting it.

10:53 AM

 
Blogger Wolfshead said...

Cop out. He wants to see it let him get his ass to Vegas

11:00 AM

 
Blogger Mike Heffner said...

- For whatever reason CK took the blog off the grid for a while. She still tweets. I think real life is involved.

- I still think Waffles needs a tournament of his own once a month.

- Good times all the way around.

11:06 AM

 
Blogger lightning36 said...

If I had your luck, Wolf (hitting runner runner 9-9 with garbage), I would win every tournament I play. I'd rather be good than lucky, though, so your position as a lucksack is secure. lol

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Littleacornman said...

And there was I thinking I didn't steal your blinds enough! GG Sir!

11:53 AM

 
Blogger Bayne_S said...

Nice pwnage waffles.

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Wolfshead said...

lightning,

true but then you weren't supposed to there at the river. I did raise and bet out that hand you know. That means you are supposed to fold. I explained this all to Waffles awhile back, weren't you listening?

2:53 PM

 
Blogger lightning36 said...

Wolfshead: "I explained this all to Waffles"

Mistake numero uno ...

3:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home