Friday, September 03, 2010

Couch To Five Kay Grad

I had a wildly awesome run tonight. So glad I went. Eight at night. Pitch black. Hurricane coming in. Clouds overhead. I went to the pitch black track. Fog everywhere. I almost lost my nerve. I said fuck it and started running. I had the most awesome first mile. I was totally and instantly keyed in to the zone. The last mile was tough. The last lap my right leg basically felt like it had a flat. I kinda drag to the finish line. I did it though! I am a graduate!

It was very spiritual too. One of those runs where you just question. "What are you" "Where are you" "Why should I believe in you" "What does that really mean?". Thought about my life. How I became so self absorbed and selfish. Had a really good time. The winds blew a little. I had no fear of the dark track.

Everything held off. The second I got into my car it started raining. I figured out why I hate running too Peaker. It is correct for me to hate it. Every week I am challenging myself beyond what I can do. The first mile I ran tonight was well within my powers. So it was fun and easy and free. The last mile is always tiring, somewhat painful, and hard. Once I work myself up to where a half hour run is easy then I think I will enjoy it more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whoooo I would love that run too! Nice work!

5:18 PM

 
Blogger Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on finishing the program!

10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home