Saturday, July 31, 2010

Poker Sucks, Running Rules

Last night was sick. Could not win a race. If I did hit with my race card the 2 outer would hit the river. I got all in with AK vs 66 and 92o and... 9... 2... x...x ... 6. Really? 92o is a great hand to call a 3 way all in also. No he did not jam. He called.
After that hand I quit.

Exercise is going good. I can see the benefits. Like today I wanted to beat the kid for swearing. He takes off around the kitchen. Normally I could chase him for like 1 lap. I was able to keep up with him until he could not go anymore and I was barely breathing hard. His sister then steps in to stop me from chasing him and I throw her over my shoulder and do a few more laps around the kitchen. The kid is doomed.

I also added the 100 Pushup challenge to my routine. Well at least I have done the "Initial Fitness Test". I scored 9 pushups. So I am in the sorta loser column instead of the total loser column. I am going to do those Sun/Tue/Thu and Run Mon/Wed/Fri or Sat. Should be a nice addition to muscle up a bit. Week four is going to end tonight. I am running my final 3 min - 5 min two sets. Next week becomes very challenging. I need to run 4 - 5 minutes, then 5 min - 8 min two sets.. then the crazy ass twenty minute straight run. Scary.

I decided to make the twenty minute run around Charles River. It is a nice big river area with big straight running areas. I figure the eye candy will make it an easier run. Running around the track for twenty minutes is going to get boring. Not really sure what to do about it. No great running spots around here. I think the road is kinda dangerous. I guess we will work it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wolfshead said...

Keep up the good work. Heat finally broke here so I gotta start again.

Thought I was you last night. 5 SnGs and at least 10 river flush suckouts when someone called off their chips with the draw. At least the first one didn't have a suckout in it. First hand, K-K vs A-A

11:34 AM

 
Blogger Shelly said...

Check out http://www.mapmyrun.com/ - might find some running routes there. I also like my county's forest preserve web site. They map out all of the local trails (some of which I never knew existed). :)

8:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home