Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Game One: Tie

We had an interesting game one. It ended in a 10-10 tie. Not so bad. I had a good assistant coach who actually had coached before. He is the macho, sports guy, yell at your kid type, so I let him take some control. Otherwise he might throw me in a locker. brrr memories.

Having only seen a few of the kids play before I kind of had to try people in different places and see what happened. The assistant coaches son had a good arm but everyone was hitting him. He was probably our worse pitcher. Although I am sure he has talent.

What do you do with the fat kid who can not catch but wants to play first base and catcher? Fuck me.

My son had a mixed game. He had no hits but he turned a nice double play, made bunch of good plays at second and short stop. He did drop an easy pop fly. Lucky the guy at third tried to steal home and he threw him out. He also has trouble with those bloopers that drop just outside the infield. The ones you have to really back peddle for. I think I will keep him at second and short. He handles the grounders really well and caught a nice line drive too.

One kid fouled a ball right in front of my car. It took a huge bounce and made it past my trunk. Near miss. The car is cursed I think.

I was sweating my ass off at the end of the game. Fricken weather. I knew there was a reason I hated the outdoors. I came home and passed out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wolfshead said...

Good arm, third base or short so he can make the long throw. I'd say right field but that's the phantom position in kid's ball. Noone hit anything there, you hide your worst fielder in right.

3:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home