Thursday, May 06, 2010

I came, I saw, I winned

I played a little RUSSSHHH tonight. I decided to try something different and leave once I won a buyin. It was really fast. I think it took like fifteen minutes tops. I bluffed with 33 on the river on a three spade board after calling two small bets for a decent pot.

I rivered a straight with 52o. Gutterballs love me. Can not win a fucking race for my life.. but give me a gutter and I will hit it like 80% of the time. I potted because I did not think my opponent had a hand. She instacalled and I groaned a little because I know I left some money on the table.

I am up half a buyin at this point. I get pocket nines. The flop comes 823. Two spades. So a lot of draws. Early position bets, doofus calls, I re-raise and EP folds. He limped in so I did not see him as having me beat at this point. I then bet decent size on the turn. Doofus calls again. River brings another eight. At this point I am scared he has sucked out on me. He jams all in pretty fast. Now I read that this means someone is weak. However I thought about this for my timebank and called at the very end. I so thought he had an eight. He turned over 64o. That hand got me to +1.2 buyins.

I check the box to leave and... pocket kings. Ug! I raised. Get one caller. Jxx flop. I bet pot. You know what happens next right? Yeah, he folded, phweeehhhwwwwww. So I am up a buyin. I am going to try and treat this like a job and once I make my nut for the day I will leave. Of course I am currently woefully underfunded but screw it I will play for a while until I have enough for the next level or I bust out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Josie said...

Congrats for the cash, and nice job leaving after you win.

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Thorn said...

Congrats! Btw, I'm loving Rush. I just won a buy-in this morning in like... 8 hands because some fool couldn't fold KK postflop on my turned nut flush :).

5:17 AM

 
Blogger Lucki Duck said...

He jams all in pretty fast. Now I read that this means someone is weak.

So reading my blog pays off...
Literally.

Congrats on the win!

7:12 AM

 
Blogger dbcooper said...

Yea Rush is great if you only have a few minutes and need your poker fix.

9:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home