Thursday, April 08, 2010

A Little Annoyed

I am a little annoyed today. Whaaa.. what's that noise? A cheer from the peanuckles that are long time readers. Yes, yes, you know what is coming. Normally I do not try and get mad at the wife. Mostly because it serves no purpose. In retrospect I guess the reason our marriage did not work out is because we could never come to agreement on anything. We were both too pig headed I guess. So I gradually pulled out of the relationship and became the uninvolved slug I am today. If I had more experience with relationships perhaps I would have done something different.

Last night though was totally ridiculous. She tells me before work that she is going out for a few hours after work. Fine with me. I know it is with her boyfriend. I am fine with that. Although lately she has been playing this stupid game. She never says who she is going out with. Like we all do not know anyways. She says that it is because she does not want the kids blabbing something if Nick's wife calls. Two married people that are basically divorced dating is... yes, interesting.

The whole "I am not going to tell you" thing stinks to me like lying. I do not really care about your reasons. If it is so that the kids will not know who you are going out with then fine. Be honest and tell them "I am an adult. I am going out with friends to do adult things. You do not need to know anything else". Instead she sorta-semi sneaks around and in my opinion flat out lies to the kids which I do not like. I am big on honesty and keeping it real. Even if I live in an exaggerated fantasy Waffles world.

As I was saying before I got sidetracked there. Yesterday she says that she is "going out" for a few hours. I am fine with this. The boy comes downstairs while she is out and I mention mom should be home soon. He immediately says "No, she is staying out for the night and won't be back in the morning.". I assume the child is mistaken because his mother made no mention of this at all. I was not told I would have to wake up early. I was not told I needed to get the kids ready for school.

Luckily even though I assumed the child was mistaken I made contingency plans and told myself to wake up early the next day. I have an innate ability to mentally tell myself to wake up at a certain time and it happens.

Sure enough when the time comes around to get the kids ready for school mom is nowhere to be found. I ask my daughter where she is and my daughter says "Oh, she is in the bedroom". I go there with her and no mom. So here we have a 8yr old not knowing where here mom is. The boy wakes up pretends he does not know she was going to be out for the night. He does not want to get his mom in trouble so I can respect that and do not put him in the middle.

I get the kids off to school finally although it was close because the wife finally called and then my daughter would not get off the phone with her. I had to grab the phone out of her hand and hang up on the wife. I told the boy he could call his mom on the cell phone he has temporarily acquired but he said he did not want to talk to her.

She finally made it home to drop me off at work. I confronted her about the whole thing and she tries to say she can not tell me because I will tell the kids. It took like 15 minutes of arguing for her to even see how irresponsible and retarded it was to just disappear and not tell me anything about her plans. If I had not gotten the tip off by the boy the kids would be waking up about 8:30-9:00 with their bus long gone.

Anyhow be a fucking adult and tell everyone that you are going out and it is none of their business where you are going. Do not sneak away like a little child. Starting fights between the kids and having your daughter being totally confused.

Makes me think I could be wrong in trusting her at all.

5 Comments:

Blogger BamBam said...

Sorry to say Waffles, you ARE wrong. Do not trust anything from her at all. No matter what!

All that should matter to you now, are the kids and WaffleWorld.

She should be shot for putting you and the kids in this spot, while putting herself ahead of the kids at all!

But that's just my opinion.

9:59 AM

 
Blogger KenP said...

I guess it could be worse somehow...

Might be interesting to get a gumshoe and a few pics of them entering motel and such. Never hurts to work from a stronger base.

Maybe this will cheer you up: the mighty hulk vs. WoW

http://www.cracked.com/blog/hulks-incredible-tales-of-nerd-rage

11:56 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I saw the Hulk/WoW thing. Funny as hell. Love cracked sometimes.

12:37 PM

 
Blogger Schaubs said...

Cosmo Kramer calls it his "mental alarm"

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Josie said...

Tough situation for everyone and she's 100% wrong. You were so right to offer to let the boy call his mom - that's what little boys need - their moms (girls too).

IMO you just need to keep consistent with two facts and drill them into her head:
1. you dont care who the fuck she's with
2. she has responsibilities and has to let you know when she's pulling an all nighter.

Don't let her pull any bs like you're jealous and using the kids as an excuse to get info - tell her you couldn't give a fuck, she just has to be accountable...and you aren't going through that scene in the morning again.

5:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home