Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday Night Bitches

2 Hours / 400 Hands / 2.5BI

Good day. Took down two buyins early then gave one back. I then fought hard and won that buyin back along with another half a buyin.

One of my biggest plays was calling an huge overbet on the river with 3rd best visible hand. The board was TTQ and I had JJ. My opponent bet pot then overbet big. I read this as weak and called my whole stack off. I won.

What do I think about snapping off bluffs? It can be profitable but I am not sure if it is a necessary skill at RUSH. It is REALLY hard sometimes to separate your emotions and your reads. Especially when you do not play a strict math game.. instead relying on feel. At times your going to be off. You are going to call because you put too much in already or you are tired of getting bet off hands. Other times your read is pure and you make a bunch of money.

In general those big river bets are bluffs at the .5/.10 level. However you can get your money in better than that. So be careful and if your reading really good then snap off some more bluffs otherwise use your other tools to print the dosh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hellblood said...

I love such calls in regular poker when you have a slight idea about the opp, if he looks fishy.

But in rushpoker without any read it is very tricky. I mean style of the opponents change. Maybe someone reading this blog now starts to overbet his big hands vs you. Suddenly a in the past profitabel spot becomes unprofitable.

Since I saw people COLD moving in for 45 blinds with Aces I stopped all guessing games and just play solid poker.

7:09 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"necessary skill"

lololololololol

8:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home