Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

Holy shit it has finally happened. My mother showed some motherlyness. I am not sure that is a word but lets go with it. This is the woman who waited until my ear drum burst to get my ear infection taken care of. So she was over for the holidays and comes down stairs and says "I know you are depressed and I think you need help and medicine. Can you go get some help?". So after forty years my mom has finally shown some kind of care for her first born son. I of course was not going to let this continue and just said outright "no".

Seriously I know we have a lot of shrinks and head wankers out there. Fucking hell one of them is the best person in the whole wide world and I really really like her a ton. Does anyone think this profession is really healthy? I mean lets look at the facts. At current my life sucks. I am sad. This should be normal. I should not be happy that my life sucks. People in my life recommending I take happy pills and talk to someone to make me happy are retarded. If I was happy about how my life was at this moment then I really would need to talk to someone. If I want to mask my pain in happy pills I could just take some dope or swallow a bottle of jack every night. I mean what is the difference? In order to be happy my life needs to change and become better. I am pretty sure getting divorced, moving, and living on my own will be a huge shake up and at least start some type of changes. If they are for the better or not is going to be up to me.

I did not mean to offend anyone especially the lovely lady I mentioned above. I am sure that professional shrinks are good for something and possibly people who are depressed for no reason could use some drugs. I on the other hand have plenty of reason to be depressed and should remain so until that changes. Makes sense to me? Anyone have a different opinion?

6 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

Don't confuse depression with appropriate sadness. One goes away on it's own...

It sounds like you have your wits about you. If you get lost or if it seems like it's taking too long to snap out of it, time to see a shrink.

If the shrink automatically prescribes happy pills without a thorough eval, time to find another shrink.

-DrC

1:04 PM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

If you're miserable it's because you don't have the balls to do something about your miserable situation.

And if your situation does make you depressed, there are a lot of people who have it way worse than you. They don't have the money or resources to escape their miserable situation. Lots of people are unemployed, uneducated and unhappy.

You have it better than most people out there. If you don't realize it because you got yourself into one unhappy relationship, you'll continue be depressed.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Fuel55 said...

At least you dont live in a basement suite.

6:41 PM

 
Blogger lightning36 said...

Hmmm ... I may decide to revise my business card:

lightning36
Head Wanker

8:34 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

This might be the first sane thing I've heard you say.

Listen to DrChako though, don't confuse depression with sadness. Sadness goes away permanently without intervention when the problem causing the sadness goes away, depression does not.

Depression goes on for years, and even with medication/therapy it doesn't always "cure" it.

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Love_elf said...

LOL Waffs. If there was ever anything you have posted that might offend me, this is NOT it.

I deal with this resistance from clients a lot actually. It is not easy to reach out for help.

Perhaps when you are ready, you will.

9:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home