Monday, April 27, 2009

Crazy Fucking Weekend

It was bound to happen eventually. Apparently the boy child overheard my wife and mother talking about divorce. I swear my mother is the source of 95% of my fucking problems even though I barely ever talk to her. I was sitting down enjoying some video games after a hot day of fishing with the boy. I got sunburned and we caught two pickerels which was a lot of fun.

The little girl comes in and starts talking about the wife and I getting divorced so I questioned her and after determining that the kids must know something I called the wife down so we could talk to them about it. The little girl is probably too young to really understand what it all means. She is six right now. She seems all set to move out of the house and go to a new school and all of the likely things to happen. The boy is a little less excited. He is horrified about making new friends. He also asked how often he would see me and since we really have not finalized any plans I was like "I am not sure once a month or so".. That really freaked him out a bit. I told him we were not sure and it would probably be more than that and assured him that we could talk anytime he wanted. He seemed to calm down a bit after. Hard to tell with him as he tends to be a bit of a drama queen. Not sure where he gets that from. *whistles*.

So I guess it went alright although it was a little heart breaking to see some of the effects this is going to have on the kids. I guess it might be better that it came out earlier but then again I would have liked to have things more solidified first.

We really have not even started the first steps. I am a little annoyed by this. I mean I was perfectly content to be miserable and stay with the wench until the kids were out of the house. She then has to wave the flag of freedom in my face and now that the genie is out of the bottle there is no way it's going back. I am pretty excited to start my life over and get out of this joke of a marriage. Even though it is going to cause the kids a lot of short term pain I have bought into the fact that in the long run two happy parents will be better for them. I really want to get this done with. No idea if the wife is having second thoughts or what. Actually it is pretty frustrating. Oh well. I will keep you posted.

7 Comments:

Blogger 1Queens Up1 said...

Keep your head p dude, better days are on the horizon.

I know its not much but let me know if you need to vent or anything.

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Riggstad said...

It sucks, no doubt man. And I offer you my full encouragement and support.

Mothers are 100% of all life's problems. In some way shape or form.

I tore a hamstring playing football in high school while making a tackle.

It was my mothers fault because she pissed me off so much before the game I was all amp'd up.

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Astin said...

I am going to be so upset when this divorce actually goes through. You'll be all fucking rainbows and sunshine and lollipops and ponies and Thai lady-boys and stuff instead of the angry, ranting Waffles we all know and tolerate. Where will you find your muse when all your pent-up marriage anger is gone?

12:46 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Astin Astin Astin.. Believe me I have enough pent up rage to last a looooong time.

1:42 PM

 
Blogger lj said...

lmfao at thai lady-boys.

8:35 PM

 
Blogger dD said...

its "nice" to know someone else in the same boat.

good thinking " .... two happy parents .... "

really must try that one.

regards

dD

5:47 AM

 
Blogger The NL Wife said...

Hang in there . . .

6:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home