Thursday, March 05, 2009

Mook Day

I played the Mookie. It was fun. The End. Hah. It was really an unremarkable game for the most part. I went through a stretch at the end where I could only play 3 of 73 hands. This sucked. What can you do though? I was getting dealt 34o and 83o hand after hand with raises in front of me. I am all for stealing and re-stealing but not with that crap and the aggressive table I was at. Even when I got hand that looked like gold after that long and raised that KTo Chad snapped me off and re-raised all in with some 97o crap hand. I thought he was making a move but let him have it.

Long after Chad was gone I got to the point that made the game for me. Three hands in a row. I was down to ten blinds and resigned to jam something when I got a very weakish AT. I pulled my ball sack down from my stomach and jammed it all in only to inevitably be called by ActPyr and his AK. Of course the T on the flop and river made that work out. Now with the donkish rep I get AA. SmBoat raise, short stack jams, and I re-jam. After thinking for a bit SmBoat decides to call all in. I ended up being against something like QQ and SmBoat's 56o. At least make it s00ted donk! So now I am sitting on 25k and on the CO. I do ActPyr a final disservice by raising AQ for 3K into his tiny 5K stack. When he jams I am of course pot committed and have to call. He flips over KK and promptly gets rivered to end his night. Brutal man.

So with two far behind hands and a pair of aces I have a nice stack going into the final table. I was a top four. The final table was pretty tight. I think we lost one person in the first hour. Finally I got tired of IT raising crap on my blind and re-jammed him. I had about ten blinds left and had a weak K8c. He unfortunately had just enough of a hand to call with a pair of snowmen. Even though I flopped two crubs I am no BWOP and went out on the hand. I probably do that again against IT since his range is really wide in that spot. Although I could have also folded and probably moved up a spot or two.

All in all I think I did the right moves at the right times and got pretty lucky on a few hands. I would not have played those hands any differently. In those situations I was in a spot where I needed to make those moves. The luck in poker is such a joke sometimes. Drives me crazy. However you just have to roll with the punches and hope it goes your way sometimes.

So far I have started the BBT pretty well. In the first five games I have hit the points twice and the money once. I am probably somewhere in the twenties as far as points go. I think I have played a good game in every one of them except the Riverchasers. I look forward to getting a good steam going and really trying to make a splash in this thing. I am going to enjoy the few days off before the Brit invasion and possibly play a little a Bodog. However I am going to keep a light schedule during the BBT to avoid burnout. Good luck to everyone.

Holy shit I just read that BoneDaddy won! No fucking way!!! I think that is great. He is a good guy and after some of the screwjobs he got last night it is AMAZING he was able to pull it off. Also it is pretty wild that Tragedy blew such a huge fucking lead. What a donk.

4 Comments:

Blogger lightning36 said...

IT had BoneDaddy all in with IT's overpair vs BD's pair. BD hit two pair on da river. Seems like it tilted IT because he called an all in by BD with crap cards. Congrats to BD, but IT really deserved a win.

Thanks for clarifying why you shoved. I didn't understand it.

Congrats on the deep run.

6:41 AM

 
Blogger 1Queens Up1 said...

Nice dude. I made a questionable call with A-Q suited when someone limp-shoved from UTG with 10-10.

Oh well, first points of the season I suppose.

Grats to you.

6:54 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

A great time was had by all. Congrats to BoneDaddy and for the record Waffles is still GHEY!

I had a hand and I put you on BS. I was right.

And Lightning I did tilt a little, I screamed so loud I woke Joanna who threw a pillow at my head.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger SmBoatDrinks said...

Waffles,

Get your facts straight!

I may still be a donk, but I was S000000000000000ted!

FullTiltPoker Game #10971964150: The Mookie (81629511), Table 1 - 500/1000 Ante 125 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:44:19 ET - 2009/03/05
Seat 1: InstantTragedy (33,474)
Seat 2: ricky424 (19,590)
Seat 3: SmBoatDrinks (22,805)
Seat 4: noollab (1,794)
Seat 5: Maniac57 (14,432)
Seat 7: cracknaces (30,319)
Seat 8: NekoNita (30,955)
Seat 9: actyper (6,825)
InstantTragedy antes 125
ricky424 antes 125
SmBoatDrinks antes 125
noollab antes 125
Maniac57 antes 125
cracknaces antes 125
NekoNita antes 125
actyper antes 125
noollab posts the small blind of 500
Maniac57 posts the big blind of 1,000
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SmBoatDrinks [7c 8c]
cracknaces folds
Maniac57: nh Act
NekoNita folds
Maniac57: sorry bout that
actyper folds
actyper: np
InstantTragedy folds
ricky424 folds
SmBoatDrinks raises to 3,000
noollab has 15 seconds left to act
noollab calls 1,169, and is all in
Maniac57 raises to 11,669
Maniac57: lol
SmBoatDrinks has 15 seconds left to act
SmBoatDrinks calls 8,669
*** FLOP *** [4h 2c 6d]
Maniac57 bets 2,638, and is all in
SmBoatDrinks calls 2,638
Maniac57 shows [Ac Ad]
SmBoatDrinks shows [7c 8c]
noollab shows [As 6c]
*** TURN *** [4h 2c 6d] [9s]
*** RIVER *** [4h 2c 6d 9s] [3c]
Maniac57 shows a pair of Aces
SmBoatDrinks shows Nine Eight high
Maniac57 wins the side pot (25,276) with a pair of Aces
noollab shows a pair of Sixes
Maniac57 wins the main pot (6,007) with a pair of Aces
Maniac57: gg
noollab stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 31,283 Main pot 6,007. Side pot 25,276. | Rake 0
Board: [4h 2c 6d 9s 3c]
Seat 1: InstantTragedy folded before the Flop
Seat 2: ricky424 folded before the Flop
Seat 3: SmBoatDrinks (button) showed [7c 8c] and lost with Nine Eight high
Seat 4: noollab (small blind) showed [As 6c] and lost with a pair of Sixes
Seat 5: Maniac57 (big blind) showed [Ac Ad] and won (31,283) with a pair of Aces
Seat 7: cracknaces folded before the Flop
Seat 8: NekoNita folded before the Flop
Seat 9: actyper folded before the Flop

7:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home