Thursday, October 30, 2008

Slump Buster

My fat ass friend Gordo was a little bit of a slump buster tonight. I ended the night with a small profit. However what could have been was interesting.. I had a decent stack on the bubble and this tard jams all in to my EP raise of AK. There were 13 left with 1k blinds. Nine spots paid. The old me would have folded in a second. The new me wants to win first place. Would you call off your entire stack with AK near the bubble? I did and won.

I had one of the top three stacks and then this hand happened to take me out in third. Did I overplay my hand? Possibly. However his call had to have been the worst call I have ever seen. Ok not the worst.

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Maniac57 [Ad 9d]
Cleisso folds
NikkaRoddy folds
cashman71 raises to 16,500
gailyishous folds
Maniac57 raises to 63,600, and is all in
cashman71 calls 47,100
Maniac57 shows [Ad 9d]
cashman71 shows [Qh Kh]
*** FLOP *** [Kc Ks Ac]
*** TURN *** [Kc Ks Ac] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [Kc Ks Ac Js] [9s]
Maniac57 shows two pair, Aces and Kings
cashman71 shows three of a kind, Kings
cashman71 wins the pot (131,700) with three of a kind, Kings
Maniac57 stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 131,700 | Rake 0
Board: [Kc Ks Ac Js 9s]
Seat 2: NikkaRoddy folded before the Flop
Seat 3: cashman71 (button) showed [Qh Kh] and won (131,700) with three of a kind, Kings
Seat 4: gailyishous (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 5: Maniac57 (big blind) showed [Ad 9d] and lost with two pair, Aces and Kings
Seat 7: Cleisso folded before the Flop

So to cheer myself up at leaving 150 at the table I decided to take a peek..



I am ok with my play because if his hand and mine were face up I would be willing to do the same thing where he would not. I may have played this too hard but the side effect of a more aggressive playing style is sometimes getting screwed by really idiotic plays. Ah well.

9 Comments:

Blogger DrChako said...

Yeah - calling 47K with KQ = Fish!

-DrC

PS. My verification word is "CHODE."

9:38 AM

 
Blogger lj said...

what were blinds/starting stack sizes? looks pretty standard, but if there's a shortie w/ 4 bbs i might fold.

9:39 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Blinds 3k.. Stack 60K,60K,60K,23K,11K. Something like that.

10:14 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Are you saying its a standard play to call off your entire stack 5 ways to a jam with KQ? Or standard to push A9 against a positional steal? Insane.

10:25 AM

 
Blogger lj said...

i'm no sng wiz, so take what i'm saying fwiw, but it's really hard to say w/o all the relevant info/reads.

if blinds are 1500/3k and this guy is raising 5.5x, i don't think you can expect him to fold his KQ soooooted. he's already put in more than 1/3 of his stack and his raise size should tell you he's committed. if he makes standard raise (2.5-3.5) you obv have more fe. also, it's your tournament life at risk, not his, since he appears to have you covered.

10:58 AM

 
Blogger lj said...

i meant re-shoving w/ A9 was standard, but didn't realize that he had you covered, didn't know blinds/stack sizes, etc. etc. also thought you were three handed.

10:59 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

It is BOTH our lives at risk and I am making the aggressive move against a probably weak positional raise. If I win the pot then he has less than an ante left. That is how close we are in chips. I also had played very tight to that point folding to several of his steal raises. Honestly I think it is a moronic call. I think his -36% ROI proves this out. However in this instance he probably did win the SNG so who knows.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger lj said...

yes, you are the aggressor, but keep in mind who you're playing. against a tight range he's probably still 45% and he's put in 1/3 of his stack -- i just don't think you can expect him to fold KQhh five handed there. you got your money in w/ the best hand and got unlucky. not much more you can do. wp, gg.

11:06 AM

 
Blogger zila said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
relax cure play

12:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home