Wednesday, April 23, 2008

MOOK

Well I went deep again finishing forth in the MOOKIE. I could have done a lot better but my AQ got sucked out on by AJ. The play by my opponent was a strong one. He raised 11K pre-flop and committed himself. I had a better hand and jammed for my last 11K.. and he obviously had to call. It was a standard hand. When the Jack hit the turn.. well it hurt but that is how it goes sometimes. I really feel lucky to have gotten that far as my cards were pretty horrible throughout the game. I got Aces in a good spot when I really needed them and doubled up which allowed me to fight hard and make that final table.

So I got some cash and some much needed points. I will hopefully be able to do well in the RC tomorrow night and put some distance between me and the resurgent Hoyazo*. All in all I had a good time.

Sometimes I really think we bring cards on ourselves. What do you think? I was kind of tired and let my negativity creep in a little on that last hand and sort of saw that jack coming. Did I bring it on myself in some cosmic joke of fortune? Is it just the RNG? Was being mean to PirateLawyer the cause of my demise? Who knows. I do think trying to be positive helps your mindset at the very least and the game is a large part about your mindset.

Wish me luck for tomorrow. I shall do my best as I am sure Hoy* will. Peace out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shrike said...

Being mean to pirates = comeuppance is inevitable. Yarrrr!

7:29 AM

 
Blogger Riggstad said...

Oh Man! Show Hoy some respect!!

8:15 AM

 
Blogger StB said...

That feeling of dread when you see your opponent has maybe 3 outs. The pit in your stomach when you know that Jack is going to hit the board and all you can do is scream FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK! when it does.

That is why I think of little kittens playing with a ball of yarn.

8:20 AM

 
Blogger mookie99 said...

Nice run last night, good luck the rest of the way. Almost there.

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home