Monday, July 09, 2007

Random Thoughts..

Mama looked at me like I had stood up, climbed atop the table, and urinated into the bread basket. My face flushed scarlet and I took a long sip of my Shiraz as I looked around for a hole to fall into.
-- Change100

Ha! That Change kid is funny.. It is really interesting when you start reading people's personal posts on blogs.. Change100 reminds me of the first time I met my wife's mother.. When she found out I was Jewish I swear she checked her wallet or something.. Even though I was by far the more financially viable and stable person in our relationship her mother never quite got over the fact I was Jewish. I think the best I got was "He is nice for a jewish boy"..

It was kind of weird.. I mean with my name nobody would ever guess I was Jewish. While I do have a prominent nose it is nothing compared to some of my brethren. I guess that Irish-Canadian-French-Indian-Mongral mix that my dad brought to my bloodline threw everything off.. I never really had to deal with any kind of religious persecution.. I actually grew up in a very diverse neighborhood and I attribute that to my naive attitude that everyone is an asshole regardless of sex, color, weight, or any other factor they can not control. We are all human scum. I guess I just ignored their racist side and looked at the good parts. I would like to think I won them over in the end. Who knows. Perhaps I led to them dieing soon after we were married.. the shock of it all you know..

I also heard Paulie's Brother rolled with some strippers! Some being multiple! You go Derek!!! Nothing like live blogging a threesome.

I also read some Instant Tragedy and am touched by his situation.. Specters of a future I may share with him? Who knows.. Very brief, to the point, touching, and yes.. Tragic.. I hope he is a little cheered by the fact that he has these wonderful kids and they seem to love him. I think he probably is.

Since we are being all personal and stuff.. Check this out.. I love these funny Anger skits on the intertubes.

Peace out. Some poker later.


Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

That's like when some of the girls were talking to my roommate (back when I was single)... I'm sure they meant it as a compliment (and I ended up hooking up with one of them so I guess it was) but they go "yeah, your roommate is hot for an asian."

Gee, thanks... :)

What's next? I'm large for an asian? Small for a black guy??? I mean come on... what's with the stereotype...

12:02 PM

Blogger Alan aka RecessRampage said...

That video was funny as sh*t!

1:35 PM

Blogger KajaPoker said...

You are one of my tribesmen? Who knew? I like you even more now.

2:56 PM

Blogger Irongirl01 said...

There is no such thing as a jewish nose. Its a Mediterrean nose and I got one. When I was in college out west people always assumed I was Jewish because of my nose and the fact that I was from New York.

10:35 PM


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home