Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Razz King

I really like Razz alot.. It is a good mix of a game where skill can give you an edge but luck can kick you in the balls or pull your azz out of the fire. It is a high variance game for sure. As I continue to play more of it in the cash game arena I am starting to coming around to dropping weak 8-low starter hands. While an eight is sometimes good enough to win it is very vulnerable. Especially when you have an 876 type hand and someone is showing lets say a xx8Q4 board. Any card on the end can kill you easy. You are ahead at this point but with the donkey drawing going on you may not stay that way.

Observation skills are key. I need to find some reading materials on the game though.. I am not sure if you start with a 4/draw if there is any point you should let go of it. Normally I will play my 4-draw to the river and then fold if I do not improve. So if I start with a board like 2357 then get KK.. I am not folding until that 7th card screws me. I think this is optimal strategy but who knows.

Did I mention how fun it is to get my chips in ahead of Iggy every time and have him suckout? No. hmm.

Our boy Joe Speaker has a rant to rival even mine.. Be easy on him he does not have the practice I do.

Has anyone ever noticed how there are roving bands of low wage workers? What do I mean by this? One week I will come in to McDonalds and the staff is all Hispanic. So I brush up on my Spanish only to come back a month later and find out it is the Brazilians then the Jamaicans. Every month or so a new gang of workers comes in. I have to learn to decipher a new set of incoherent English ramblings and finally get my food. It is kind of crazy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Joe Speaker said...

Hey! I did call the guy a "fucking asshole." That's not rant worthy?

9:48 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

It lacks a certain finesse and personal touch.. for instance if you said he was a greasy haired fat mother fucking asshole who lives with his mommy.. then it is more personal..

10:02 AM

 
Blogger TripJax said...

I believe your post today is racist and sexist and I think you should be fired from your blog.

Wait. strike that last sentence.

12:09 PM

 
Blogger StB said...

That is why McDonald's has numbers by the value meals. Just don't order the number 1 meal the wrong way and you should be ok.

1:01 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Oh you would think.. But I have children.. "Kids Happy Meal Please"..

"frour preices or slith prieced?"
"huh?"
"frour preices or slith prieces?"
"ummm.. four peices please"
"broy or gral?"
"Whaaa?"
"Broy or gral troy?"
"Boy Toy Please:
"Wruld wro wrike to drank?"
"Whazzit?"
"Wruld wro wrike to drank?"
"Umm.. a Chocolate milk".
"skrimn malk or wholea?"
"Skim Milk"
"Trank chu prease crumb agrain."
"Ya thank you too buddy"

1:32 PM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

Today is tax relief day at mcdonalds. Buy one big mag or 1/4 lber and get the second one for a penny!

3:56 PM

 
Blogger I Like Cake said...

2347 call to 7th every time. Short handed razz is the best. You got people completing with one card lower than a 9 and people showing a king re-raising. And talk about variance. Sheesh. I think over the long term tho cash razz is profitable, simply because most people don't know how to fold. For a calling station fun play 1/2 razz on FT.

6:12 AM

 
Blogger PokahDave said...

Waffles....you wouldn't be talking about the McDonald's at the Fresh Pond Plaza...would you? I work around the area. If so I think the rogue Kenyans or Zimbabweans are working this week......LOFnL

7:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home