Monday, March 26, 2007

My First Math!

I have started praying to new gods. While the poker gods are cruel and evil masters the Donkey gods are liberating and loving folk. The Donkey gods are my kind of people. I really do not remember any special hands in the Hoy.. One thing that made it special is I took out EVERYONE I have ever thought was a donkey. I was able to take down Ick, Smokkee, Hoy AND Fuel all by myself! I could not have scripted it any better.

I basically played TOUGH strong poker. People bluffed off stacks and I was willing to make some read-based calls with second and third pairs. Sometime this made me look like a super donkey like when I called Smokkees all in button push with my SB hand of KQ. He had AJ and I spiked my king. The combination of being tougher in some situations and getting a NICE run of cards where almost everything hit combined in that perfect union to give me a decisive victory. Not only did I take the MATH down I also was NEVER out of first place.

The final hand with Hoyazo I think my taunting and showing of cards was getting to him. Either that or he was just so arrogant he thought it would be easy. Finally I take him out with the MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK! I flop an eight on an A86 board. Two diamonds. Hoy pushes all in with 96o and I insta-call. My thinking here is that he would not limp an ace. If I am wrong so be it. The donkey gods rewarded my tough play and gave me an 8 on the turn and a ten on the river to bury Hoyazo and take down a nice score.

A huge thanks goes out to Veneno for sponsoring me for this event.

Labels:

22 Comments:

Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Nice work bro...great to see ya return to winning ways.

You Donkey.

9:19 PM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Penis,

I had a flush draw in hearts on that last hand. Get your phucking facts straight and stop slandering me please.

Nice job. You donkey mofo.

9:22 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Just cause its red doesn't make it a heart.. lol. Just kidding.. I am sure you had a flush draw too.. but you still had 9 high. lol. Good game man.

9:27 PM

 
Blogger bayne_s said...

Nice tough strong poker to call my QQ with JJ to bubble me you lucksack.

Raise, push, overcall all in and you think JJ is good.

Congrats on win, I'm just mad I didn't gain ground on Hoy.

9:30 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Bayne, you know it was the right call. Lets review. A short stack of 1K pushes.. and you re-push with <3K. I have like 10K at least and a nice pocket pair. The rest is poker. The call does not knock me out of the game. Sure I got lucky on that hand but it was irrelevant to me. If I lost the hand it hurts a little but so be it. I make the call every day and twice on Sunday and so do you.

9:35 PM

 
Blogger bayne_s said...

Just because Smokkee would make that call everytime and I probably make that call 75% of time does not make it correct poker.

You did see me call Fuels re-raise with 88. This is also bad poker but we all know Fuel has a false expectation of seeing better poker so the level 3 thinking is fuel needs less to re-raise. After seeing that I can see why you might think JJ is good.

10:06 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I am not sure if "correct" poker is always winning MTT poker. I admit I am experimenting and have not worked out all the kinks. Fuck, playing tight-aggressive poker like I have for the past while never got me anywhere either.

I would say your range as a 2-3K stack with 200 or more blinds has to include hands like AK/AQ/TT-AA maybe even smaller pocket pairs. I think I am right enough of the time to warrant a call.

If you had 3K in chips and I had 3K in chips it is an easy fold. Having a HUGE lead is a very powerful position in an MTT. I stand by my call.

I have given up a lot of big leads lately as I experiment with a different style of play.. but I will say I have accumulated HUGE stacks in the last 3 blogger MTTs I have played in so with a little more tweaking I think I will find a good middle ground.

10:16 PM

 
Blogger bayne_s said...

Mike Caro had interesting article today: http://www.pokerplayernewspaper.com/viewarticle.php?id=1877&sort=author

Since play was at Money bubble Mike probably agrees with you.

Played 3 tournies today. Got knocked out as 70%+ favorite 3 times. Pure TAG play is not the answer for MTT

10:44 PM

 
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

You forgot to mention that you lost your first HU match of 2007 with the Poison....hehe

Congrats my friend!

3:45 AM

 
Blogger lightning36 said...

You played the big stack bully well. Congrats on the win!

6:17 AM

 
Blogger mookie99 said...

Congrats ! The MOOOK is money.

7:15 AM

 
Blogger Buddy Dank said...

WTG Waffles!

8:47 AM

 
Blogger Fuel55 said...

so ghey ...

9:18 AM

 
Blogger Schaubs said...

Good job Waffles. Way to close the deal.

9:26 AM

 
Blogger bayne_s said...

Waffles,

I restricted your mention to:

"Bubbled the MATH after a bad beat."

Wrote my blog post after getting knocked out of Daily A (around 20th) with it's ~$2k 1st prize by an A5

9:57 AM

 
Blogger BigPirate said...

Nice job last night even if it took cracking my mighty hammer with a mere AA. Better lucky than good right? Actually, I am beginning to think all you smart players have tricked me with the "hammer" thing. It doesn't seem to win many hands for me. I must not be playing it right.

E me a mailing address and shirt size and I will get you some bounty.

11:01 AM

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

YAY!!!!!!!! congratulations baby!

I wish I would have known, I would have come railed ya!

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

congrads you donkey!

2:33 PM

 
Blogger Gnome said...

Good job! If you started winning these things regularly, you might put all the bloggers on perma-tilt.

7:40 PM

 
Blogger iamhoff said...

Nicely done, Sir Waffles. I gotta gets me back into the brogger games soon.

1:01 AM

 
Blogger smokkee said...

GG donkey

1:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jesus

4:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home