Thursday, March 22, 2007

90-Peep SNG with Smokkay

I played the 90-peep deep stack SNG. I meant to click on the 10$ one, but in my rush to get in before it filled I failed to note I was playing a 20$ one. Sorry backer! I figured I needed a change from the fast and wild world of HU and so one of these appealed to me.

Not much to really say. The whole first two breaks I won a ton of small to medium pots. Until the blinds hit about 240 I had only seen two showdowns and had more than doubled my stack. I finally got close to the bubble.. like 10 more until the bubble and I PUSHED with 77. We had 4-5 limpers in the pot and I had around 12K. I had the limping donkey who called my bet covered. He flips up QJo and I get killed on the river.

I am down to 400 chips. I tripple. I double. I double again. I am now up to 4K chips. The blinds are HUGE and there are like 3-spots to the money. I have about 5xBB. SO I push J6o into the HUGE stack and he calls. With 24o. I wind up taking this one down.

After getting blinded down some more I feel I have to push my AJ s000ted. I get called by the BIG STACK again and he turns over AQ. I figure my ass is going to hurt here but it turns out that the flush draw comes through on the turn. I think I rivered a J to rub it in too.

I played a very patient final table and almost ever one of my pushes were met with folds. Smokkee convinced me to fold some hands.. which is amazing, because I never thought he folded.. A HUGE stack donkey blew like a 40K chips lead by calling an all in with ATo. Amazing. I then called the same donkeys all in push with A8o and it stood up against 9T. He then pushed 27 s0000ted and runner-runner a flush against me when I flopped TPTK. It only cost me 5K but made me a shortie again. The bigstack donkey finally got taken out as I played the small stack until I was in sixth place.

I then went out in two hands back to back. I pushed AJ and got called by AT. The very next hand the button pushes on me and I call BS.. I call his all in raise with QTc and he flips over Q6.. 669 flop seals my fate.. I did catch a ten and two clubs but it was not enough.

It would have been nice for some of those hands to hold up and propel me to a big cash finish but I will take the 108$ payday. I seem to be doing well in these Donkeyments lately as I placed ITM in the 14K recently... I have changed my game up a little and while I am still adjusting and experimenting and this sometimes causes me to donk off large leads, I think I am on to something. The [X] factor if you will that makes guys like Smokkee and Hoy win these Donkeyments..

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Pseudo_Doctor said...

nice job man...keep it up you donkey

6:13 AM

 
Blogger Gnome said...

Nice. Winning is so much more fun.

1:16 PM

 
Blogger Irongirl01 said...

Congrats Waffles!

2:56 PM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

nice work...very inspirational stuff (heh), also sucks how you went out but it likely predicts good things to follow.

3:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus get it right.

donkaments, not donkeyments lolz

The former flows a lot better.

That said, I want to play Smokkee in a $200 NL cash game again, then I'll even let him kick my ass in a $10 SnG right after.

gnome: Freud would disagree, sir.

Honestly I am delirious. I don't even know what I'm typing.

Congrats on the win, Waffles.

2:41 PM

 
Blogger Wolverine Fan said...

Nice work. Any time you can beat 90 to 95% of the field you have done an outstanding job.

Way to go.

7:11 PM

 
Blogger smokkee said...

i only play AA. everyone knows that.

well played

11:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home