Thursday, January 04, 2007

Triple Draw Hand

The world of odds,
are upside down
and I am afloat in a sea of indecision
- Me


Triple draw hand histories.. what have I lowered myself to? My NLHE game is so sick right now I switched sites and started playing triple draw. So here is a question. You are on the second draw. You have both taken one card. Your hand is this:

SirFWALGMan has Lo: 7,6,5,3,2

So. A guy 4-bets you here. Two draws left. He stands pat on the turn. So do you get more chips in this hand or call the guy down? How many bets do you put in for the remaining two betting rounds. Results in tomorrows post. I check-called down as my option.

I played a mix of super donkey idiot and excellent playah in yesterdays Mookie. I ended up having the same results. It is like Poker Odds have turned upside down for me. I get all my chips in with 2 all-in before me with QJd and I am against TT and KK. I win. I get all my chips in with AK s000ted even against AJo. I flop a king. I lose to a four flush. What the hell is going on? I finally raced with Smokkee with AK s000ted against QQ.. I forget what I donked out with in the Skiddoo but it was actually just terrible play.

Ah well. Someday the odds will come back to normal until then I am going insane.

5 Comments:

Blogger StB said...

It depends on how aggressive the player has been. I would be inclined to check call it down. Been burned too many times with the second nuts.

12:18 PM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

Call him down and hope he is sitting on an 8. It's not likely, but you aren't likely to draw better anyway, so I think its the safest and smartest move.

12:37 PM

 
Blogger Garthmeister J. said...

stb: It's not even the second nuts, it's the third nuts. 23467 beats it.

1:21 PM

 
Blogger SoxLover said...

It totally depends on the player, but against the general field at low level td, I'd have to disagree.

I've seen morons do this with rough 8s and smooth 9s. I've seen them do it with 1 card wheel draws. With a pat #3 early in the hand against most of the low level players, I'm definitely going to take my chances as there are a hell of a lot more hands I'm beating than not.

If he's really passive and only has done this once, I might be more cautious, but I'm probably at least in for one extra bet on the second draw--I might check call the last draw if he raises me (you did not say who had position) or 3 bets me, as applicable. But there are people against whom in this situation capping all the way is plus EV. One small consideration is maybe slowing down after second draw so as not to get him to correctly break for a wheel draw.

5:38 PM

 
Blogger Klopzi said...

Jam.

You've got a number 2 in a heads up pot and you're worried? Most players will stand pat on a 9-high if their opponent is still drawing.

Ram n' jam and rake in those chips.

6:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home