Friday, December 01, 2006

Expensive but Fun

Last night I was hanging out getting ready to go to bed when Don was like "Dude, you have to play 200/NL".. So I am like.. ok. I know. I have no self control. I actually enjoyed myself though. I lost my buyin which is a chunk of my bankroll but I think I played pretty well. I did some things wrong.. I got sucked out on. I missed all my draws. I made a few terrible plays. The one thing I really need to do before I play these things regularly (besides GET a bankroll) is to not go all crazy against aggressive people. The table started pretty passive but all of the sudden about five hours in it picks up. Every hand is being raised. I obviously figure that nobody could possibly have a hand that many times and lose some money with TPTK Ax vs AA and Kx vs KK. Somewhat the same thing with my hand with Marge. So what did I learn from this? NO not that I want to kick Don in the nuts for even suggesting that I play. I learned that I really NEED to play this game. It is in my blood. The high(er) level buyin cash games are calling me. Hopefully I will be able to get there soon.

So all in all I am feeling good. I have a working roll still and I will run that up a little more before I take another shot at a higher stakes NLHE game. I also went fairly deep in a 10/MTT. I chipped up huge when I called this donks all in. He had AK and I had 33.. I was relatively sure he did not have a made hand as he pushed 2-3 times before this. I actually won the race. He is not a donk because he pushed with a draw. No. I actually am ok with that. He is a donk because he then goes on to berate me for a good fifteen minutes. Hey. I knew you were full of shit. I called. I was right. I was ahead the whole hand. So fuck you. It was fun watching him crash and burn. I survived a bit more and then my TT was cracked by Q9c all in push pre-flop and I spent my last 2BB on calling an all in push HU. See how I hate aggressive people? He actually had AA and my 63h was worthless. Anything less and I would have won as the board was all low cards including my six. Ahh well.

Tonight it is back to the baby tank. I think I will play a bunch of 90/45/18 SNGs and see what I can do.. as well as trying for a token and going for either the 16K tonight or possibly the Tier III SNG. Good Luck Peeps!

1 Comments:

Blogger smokkee said...

there are several opinions on what your BR should be in relation to the ring game levels you play. some are very high IMO (e.g 40 buy-ins).

i think half that is plenty for a good player to withstand a run of bad luck. i'm comfortable having 20 buy-ins behind me at the levels i wish to play. you really need to consider that seriously. you worked hard to get it where it was. now you've taken a few steps back. a successful, winning player needs some discipline.

i don't mean to preach. i just hope you think twice before skipping up some levels and risking so much of your 'roll.

i like to gambool too. but, i'm not about to run up to the 10/20 NL tables and hope i get lucky while at the same time praying i don't go broke.

2:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home