Tuesday, November 14, 2006

ReviewMe

The following is a paid review for ReviewMe.

In the long standing tradition of Jordon "The Bonus Whore" at HighOnPoker I have decided to jump on the ReviewMe Bandwagon. ReviewMe is a new site with the idea of giving companies access to a large number of blogs in which they can have their products reviewed. Apparently the business world has decided that advertising on Blogs is a smart use of marketing dollars. It is relatively cheap and reaches a targeted audience. The rise in the use of blogs as advertising vehicles has just begun and should continue on in the near future. I for one think this is a novel idea that has a good chance of working.

The site is very simple to signup for. You just login, hit the giant bloggers button and enter a few pieces of information such as name, blog, and how you wish to be paid. I chose PayPal since it is very easy to transfer money into with just an email address.

Once you are signed up click on the 25,000 giveaway advertisement offer and you will immediately be able to make your first few bucks by reviewing the site itself. The amount you are paid is based on the ranking of your blog. The posting you write must be at least 200 words. It seemed to be a large amount to me at first but as I type this I see I am already at 222 words - piece of cake.

You have the right to refuse any offers and to also write a negative ad about any product. The advertisers obviously would probably not use you again but I do not think that would deter most people from telling it how they see it. I may be a little too honest in thinking this way but I for one intend to write it as I see it.

I hope that all of the attention they are generating ends up making the site successful. I am interested in seeing what types of companies are interested in this service and hope to see a few advertisers soon. It seems like a great site and a very good idea. I suggest that you go and try it. Who knows, soon you may see a Waffles type rant against some poor unsuspecting company.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Haha, thanks for the boost in traffic!

3:52 PM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

If you are going to insult me, at least have the decency to link me, you shill.

7:16 AM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Jordan - fucking hilarious.

9:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home