Sunday, October 15, 2006

Flushed down the drain

Finally had a losing session at Foxwoods. Was bound to happen eventually. Not too much excitement in the night. The hand that did me in was when I had $200 sitting on the table. I was on my second buyin after I put an aggro guy all in with QQ, but the guy behind me woke up with KK.. Seeing as the flop was all low cards this was probably not a hand I was going to get away from at Foxwoods.

I was playing with a REALLY BAD REALLY LUCKY guy. He had beaten me earlier to take away some of the profit I had made. I flopped TPTK and figured I was ahead. He pushed for around fourty more when I bet out and I just KNEW I was ahead.. So I called. I was right. He had pushed his entire $100 stack in with an OESD which he made on the river. He had called my $15 raise pre-flop with J5o and flopped an OESD. Well played moron. One thing I will say.. I respect the fact he made a move at the pot here.

So this sets up our next hand a while later. I flop top pair and lead out with a twenty. I see two hearts on the boatd. I get called by Mr. ChaseIt and the turn gives me two pair and kills any odds for a flush draw. So I push in another eighty. He of course calls and when the heart hits the river I know I have lost. He turns over J4h for the winning hand. Where the first hand he had made a play at a pot the second hand was just an example of the worse kind of poker ever. I want that call every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I never was able to mentally recover from that and ended up pissing away my last buyin with TPTK and a gutshot vs a flopped straight that pushed. In some ways it was not a bad call as I think half the table called this guys all in. It was a very loose player and I did not think I was that far behind. I ended up hitting two pair but it was no good against the ass end straight. Oh well. All in all a very dissapointing night.

6 Comments:

Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Awwwwww - sorry to hear about the losing session. You'll get em next time baby :)

12:09 PM

 
Blogger PokahDave said...

No need to worry...for every losing session at Foxwoods you'll have 3 winning sessions. Those hands you were recalling are typical of 1-2 NL at foxwoods and you WANT that!

5:59 PM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Yeah, but did you shoot the guy in the leg in the parking lot?

9:24 AM

 
Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

April put the date up for the December blogger event. Will you be attending?????

2:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waffles, I gotta admit, I was one of those donks who gave you a hard time earlier. But your posts lately have had a very sincere quality lately, and have been great reads. Please keep up the great work, and if your response to me is still "Fuck Off", I'll take it with great pleasure.

2:11 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

I never tell anyone to fuckoff.. I may say they are donks, or do not know what they are talking about, but I always enjoy the readers opinions.. At the very least they open up new discussion and ways of thinking..

2:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home