Thursday, August 10, 2006

Last Night..

Was one of THOSE nights where you flop trip 9's and get beaten by a higher kicker. Ick. Oh well. It was my worse night so far on FT and I ended down 1-Slb (I mean 2 buyins at 25/NL). What is a girl to do? Alot of it honestly was due to my play. When you push thiner edges you end up getting creamed sometimes. I just needed to play better last night. Not let frustration get to me. This game has so little to do with cards.

The Mook was the highlight of my night I think. I busted out in 12th which makes a decent finish in the last three blogger events. The best part of the night was when Mookie was small stacked and I wasted him with his own hand. I had been picking on his blinds with some decent hands and he finally pushed. It was like $190 more to call after I 3x the blinds on him so it was a no-brainer. I flipped over the MOOK (T8o) and he turned over his Satanic twins: 66. I thought all hope was gone until I nailed him with a ten on the river! MOOOOOOOKED! BWAHAHAHA! It is pretty nasty to kill a guy in his own tourney with his own hand. Yes. Indeed. The best part of the night. I finally got my just deserts when Chilly the maniac of the night (and I am sure he would fully agree) decided to run his KQ against my 77 for around 1/3-1/2 his stack. He of course spiked a Q and that was it for me. Chilly was getting luuuuuuckkkkyyy and he was enjoying it. Good game man.

One hand I am not sure that I played right in the night. I had a decent size stack and it was 3 ways with 2Kish stacks. The flop gives me 2-overs, a gutshot straight and a backdoor flush. It would have cost me another 1100 to call. I would have been able to make like 5K. I would have then been able to cover Chilly later on or even not push my sevens if I won this hand. I would have been left with like 3K if not. So I have a fairly decent drawing hand, I will not go bust, and all the pressure they can exert on me has happened. I am not sure my fold in this position was correct. In the raise that got me out of the hand came from J5o (TPSK), another call was made by KJo, albeit a small stack. My KQ would have turned the nut flush draw and rivered a Queen for a win. Perhaps I am just lamenting the fact that I actually would have won but part of me thinks taking a risk like this might have been a good MTT move. Any comments?

5 Comments:

Anonymous mookie99 said...

Nice run last night. If I had to bust at least it was to one of the greatest hands of all times.

I still think you fold the hand there. You can't be confident your over cards are still live, plus you are facing a bet and then a raise ahead of you. If you feel you are playing well and have a decent chipstack, why risk a big portion of it on a draw that might be pretty thin. But then again I'm just the ringleader of the donkey circus that is The Mookie.

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Marxst1 said...

My initial thought is: definitely fold. I fully admit to being the biggest donk in the world preflop.... but post flop, I don't think half your stack is something you ever want to do on a draw... of course, for me, I'd have to consider how far along is the tourny? For example, you said you'd have 3k left if you lost... how early was this in the tourny and what were the blinds at? You are definitely a good enough player that had this been early with low blinds, I'm sure you could have battled your way back.

In other words, I could see you making this gamble if the 3k that you'd be left with was at or over the "average" chip stack. I'm sure I'm wrong, but that's how I would look at it.

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Chilly said...

What time did you hang it up last night? I was looking to hunt Waffles but I couldn't find you.

10:53 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

lol. I played until like midnight and then went to sleep. You gonna play crazzzzyyyy azzzz chilly style or what? lol. I will be on tonight.

12:32 PM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

It was a good fold in my book, Waffles. For my money there is rarely a good enough reason to chase in a no-limit holdem tournament.

5:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home