Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Duggles would be proud

Actually before we get to the meat of this post I have a question. Your playing a cash game. No reads lets say. A guy raises in MP 4xBB and another guy calls. You have AJo in position on a 9 player table. What do you do? What do you do?

Ok now that I got that out of the way, why would Duggles be proud? I was 40 to the money in a 5$ MTT that started with 1000+ people. I had a nice big 10K stack. I see AQo in EP. I raise 3xBB and get re-raised another 2xBB or so. So I call. The flop comes Axx. I figure I am ahead so I bet 2K. The turn is a blank and I fire out another large bet. At this point in time the guy has called off at least half his stack maybe more. The river is a KING. We get all in for the rest. I would have had 4K left. He turns over KK for the win. I did not call him an idiot. Unfucking beleivable. I would have had over 20K in chips and been 240 to the money. I would have been in the top ten of stacks. Ouch. That. Hurts. Why. Cant. The. Poker. Gods. Let. Me. Win. Just. One.

Cash games were up and down. I ended up like 15+ for the night at the 25/NL tables. I consider this good since I busted out of one table and got suckered into a hand on a second table where I pushed and rivered a set. Same as moron man above however I had about ten bucks left. I was not playing for over 1K. I am still steaming. Anyhow. Not a bad night. I almost doubled up on three tables so that worked out well. Bankroll is slowly grinding a profit. No complaints.

7 Comments:

Blogger sooted said...

That's poker man. Keep pressing on. And keep up the good blogging. I still read you, even after the slam on buying in for the minimum.

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Gnome said...

I'd be inclined to fold AJo most of the time because there aren't many flops that you'd be happy with.

9:12 PM

 
Blogger Wes said...

"I see AQo in EP. I raise 3xBB and get re-raised another 2xBB or so. So I call."

HEEEEEHAWWWWWWW

Raise, if you think your hand is better than his range of hands. Fold, if you think he will only reraise with better holdings than you. Whatever you do, don't call. You have overcards, if you call, you let the other person be the aggressor and let him take the pot after the flop when you miss even if he has a worse hand than you.

11:11 PM

 
Blogger slb159 said...

I don't need to remind you what happened to me against AJ. Thanks for the memories.

6:05 AM

 
Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Okay, commented in the more recent post first, then got curious how Wes even knew about the hand.

You see what Wes is getting at though, right Waffles? You could theoretically have saved a big chunk of your stack by re-re-raising big pre-flop. With Kings I know I would likely go way over your re-re-raise (maybe even push), at which point you would HAVE to put him on AA, KK, or QQ, or AK - or convince yourself he was suicidally stupid. Given that three of the four would be incredibly hard to outrun with AQ, you'd likely lay it down, with a big chunk of your stack intact.

I struggle with this situation holding AK a lot, so I get what Wes is saying. Nonetheless, that sucked. No two ways about it. Sorry brotha.

6:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey waffles i think thats what a lot of guys including myself playing holdem are missing in NL games. Agression! Especially in the cash games simply calling a bet or betting weak you let the other guy see another card cheaply. If you think you got his ass then go big, most people (especially in cash games) will back off your stack. If you think you have a hand, get it out there and be agressive. Every card they see is a chance for them to hit it.

6:53 AM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I am very proud.

I never doubted your implications that the players are idiots, based on statistics it's a logical probability.

What I have a problem with is you getting upset when a player you KNOW is an idiot acts like an idiot. How else could he act?

For example, if you're an idiot, and you have KK, you're not going to let go of it, no matter how obvious that you are beat, right?

Good job waffles.

7:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home