Monday, April 24, 2006

Thoughts..

Just some random thoughts for the day as my bankroll fluctuates slightly but does not really make me nervous..

I was thinking, Why push pre-flop? Now I know this is a wild overstatement. However.. I am so willing to go all in pre-flop with my QQ, KK, even my AA or AK. Is it necessary? Sometimes probably.. I do think that the better a player I become the less I will need to do this.

Which way should you play your cash games? I know there are a ton of nut peddlers and I can see that strategy working. I think there is alot of merit in it. If you are patient and can wait for that one nut hand you get a night then sweet. If you do not get any action on that hand, well there is always tomorrow night. The other side of the street says it is only one buyin. If you are ahead on the flop why not push your 10% edge with TPTK against the other guys overcards? Sure you get sucked out on alot but is it worth it? Is there a middle ground. Folding your weaker good hands and playing the stronger ones harder. Hard to say. I suppose it depends on being able to get the same amount of money in the middle every time.

Is limit or NL more fun? Which is more profitable?

Is the amount of fun you have sucking out on people worth the -EV. I know I am still laughing this morning. Does Luckbox Kung-Foo style have its place in MTT's? I am starting to think it might. Would it be fun to play .01/.02 NLHE and just try and make every horrible draw imaginable just to have people yell at you.. I think that might be a lot of fun..

See you all at the DADI tonight.. after I get some grasshoppers to feed to my frogs..

5 Comments:

Blogger jjok said...

having someone bluff into your nut hand is helluva lot more profitable in NL, and a helluva lot more fun. Take my 72o hand last night against that dude's boat......that guy must have been salivating......

NL is much more unpredictable (read: more fun).

2:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stop playing NL cash games ever since I got a good taste live at the MGM. I may be in the minority but I now find MTTs and SNGs ever so boring.

AS jjok said, there is nothing more fun/profitable than having someone bet into you when you have the nuts.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Heavy Critters said...

NL is WAY more fun for me. I've done ok (I actually typed so fast I misspelled 'done ok' as 'donkey' LOLOL!!) at limit games, but it's about as fun as watching paint dry.

4:30 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll play the penny games once in a while to try the LAG approach to NLHE.

Haven't had a losing session in the four that I've tried.

6:22 AM

 
Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

I definitely prefer the NL cash games. They have been a lot more profitable for me.

10:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home