Monday, April 17, 2006

So..

I decided to try some $50/NL. Could someone tell me what went wrong.

I raise 1.50 with JJ. I get re-raised another 2.50. One other person calls. It is a three way pot. My thinking in calling the additional 2.50 was if I hit a set I get laid. The flop comes ATJ. Now I am afraid someone MIGHT have AA but what the hell. The first guy raises all in. The second guy calls and I call. (Somewhat of a mistake). I have $30 behind me and the pot is $60. The turn is a K. So the second guy goes all in and I make the mistake of calling. I am sort of glad I did because it was interesting.

So what place did I come in? Well interesting that you ask. Third. Yes. You see guy number one had KK and hit his two outer on the turn. Way to push your entire stack in on the flop with the worse hand. Drawing to a two outer. Guy number two, who won btw, had AQ. Way to call off more than half your stack with a two outer gutshot straight draw and second best hand. So basically I got two outered on the turn and did not fold when I for sure should have. It would have saved me a few bucks. However, do I have the worse luck ever?

3 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

agreed.. That is where indecision kills you..

6:09 AM

 
Blogger drewspop said...

At least you thought about the possible AA, which I didn't when I flopped middle set vs. top set and got stacked for $50 2 nights ago.

Even if I did think about it, I would have said the same thing, F it, and shoved anyway.

I can't get away from that hand. Ah well.

8:25 AM

 
Blogger doubleuwhy said...

I've been 2, 3 outed so many times against my trips it's not funny. Just yesterday it was a gutshot straight vs my trip Ks.

What I have found is that it really doesn't matter how you bet to represent your trips (pot bet or allin), since the villian doesn't understand odds, you'll get called anyways.

7:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home