Friday, April 14, 2006

The Real Poker

This is a VERY important stage of growth in Poker. I started out running really hot and thinking skill was everything. My second year of poker was an incredibly frustrating learning experience and the fire has tempered my steel and made me stronger. Skill is important but does not guarentee you are going to win on any given day, month, or year. I will say it again: people have had bad runs for a year! All due to variance. It is a little rare but a few weeks or couple of months is totally in the realm of reality.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jestocost said...

I feel better now.

Thanks.

1:36 PM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Waffles, I am so with you on Veneno. I don't know how she does it, but I have never, EVER seen someone get as lucky as she in my three heads-up matches with her. I have multiple times fooled her into calling or even moving in on me when I'm a significant favorite, yet she somehow always seems to find a way to donk it out in the end. Sorry to hear that you had to feel the poison like that, but I know how it feels, and I'm done with it. Forever.

4:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home