Thursday, February 23, 2006

You cant make this stuff up..

Paul Phillips had an interesting article today. I knew I should have copywritten my marriage contract! Dammit!

Since we are posting useless shit, I will live blog my internet searching. Here is a weird Sir Waffles page.. What the hell are these people all smoking crack cocain and tripping out on a web page? I can not figure it out..

What a cute little Waffles!

You guys seem to like these ones..

|......
---7--
#
If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a unicorn. Most people are only after one thing - I try to maintain a quiet and respectful distance until I feel sure that I can trust someone.
Which NetHack Monster Are You?


That quiz courtesy of the good folkes at Set over Set.

Waffle Hunting! I hope not!

Hmm.. Somday I too may become King!

ToddCommish said...

A jumper?!

Sheesh, better bring an umbrella then. Wouldn't want to get pancaked under SirFwalgman when he finally dumps his life's savings...


Do you remember this comment from May of 2005 Sir! Do you! Huh! Do you! I shall not forget this smite!

Nice blast from the past

I was reading through the usual blogs and noticed that SirFWALGMan posted that he had nearly busted out his entire bankroll ($3,000) over the past couple days. I actually watched him play a couple times at the 5/10 6max tables and cheered him on. The other day I noticed he wasn't playing his usual 5/10 6max, but instead was playing a 10/20 6max table. He looked to be playing a lot of hands, calling down with marginal hands that most likely weren't winners. I knew something was wrong and messaged him about what was going on. He claimed he was tilting and blowing his money, this was exactly what he was doing and it hurt to look at. He knew what he was doing but didn't want to stop even after I told him he should. There's a lesson to be learned from him and many others that have gone through the same thing as he has. Poker is not just about playing cards, at the same time, it has a lot to do with bankroll management. On top of that it can do crazy stuff to your head and that's what he went through. You need to be able to control yourself, stop when you're supposed to, and continue when you're supposed to.

- Poker It's Life

Took me over a year to feel like I was over that one day. You never really get rid of the motivations that cause you to melt down. It is just a matter of changing your attitude and reactions to those motivations. I am still working on it but I think I have made some progress this year.. we will see.. The interesting thing is that this guy stopped blogging. I do not know if he got bored of blogging, Poker, or both, or maybe had a bad day.. who knows?

Last night I hopped on Party Poker to work off 500 hands for a monstrous reload bonus. I sat down at a $25 NL table to get my feet wet. Instantly, I had Phil from Studio Glyphic sweating me. He mentioned something to SirFwalgman and the next thing I knew it... I had two bloggers at my table. That was the first time I got to play with SirFWalgman and I was pumped to final cross paths at the cyber tables. Within a half hour, Maudie from Poker Perspectives and HDouble from The Cards Speak both joined us, and Derek was on the rail. Two nights ago I got to play with Iggy from Guinness and Poker and Al Can't Hang for a bit. It felt good to play with my peers after a long hiatus.

- Dr. Pauly

This was the first meeting between me and the good Doctor. Those were the good old days. I would sit down at a 25/NL table to decompress after a night of 3/6 or 5/10 or whatever the hell I was playing with my uber stack. We had a lot of fun!! Hell, what am I talking about, we still have fun kicking each other in the balls. I am getting all teary eyed now. *sniff*.

Results 241 - 246 of about 37,300 for sirfwalgman. (0.91 seconds)
That makes a girl feel popular!

*** END OF INTERNET FAST APPROACHING - STOPPING LIVE BLOGGING OF TRAVELS ***

2 Comments:

Blogger Garthmeister J. said...

If I were a NetHack monster, I would be a mimic. I can be whatever I think you need me to be - it might look like I'm here to help you, but really you're here to help me.

2:14 PM

 
Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Waffles, that blog post about the guy who watched you tilt off all your money is priceless man. Oh how many people could say the same thing about me. Isn't it amazing how mentally mezzed up this game can get us?

8:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home