Saturday, February 25, 2006

Descent into Madness

It has been the week from hell. I hate it. I know I am one big win away from wiping my brow and saying "Oh, well, it was not that bad".. however I continue a whole week of losing ending up with two days of no wins at all.

It is funny how losing stays on your mind. It makes you frantic. It is always there in the back of your mind. Slowly. Driving. You. Insane.

I did have a nice suckout last night. However that does not make my faith in poker any stronger. Actually it makes it alot weaker if anything. A guy limps with pocket queens and then pushes on a JJQ flop. Now I would like to beleive I am good at reading people but that play made no sense to me. Luckily I had a Jack. I for whatever reason put him on Q5. Yes. That exact hand. Why? What other possible reason would you push unless you were afraid of something? It was a nicely laid trap Possibly AA? I have no idea. Anyway, the trap was set, I fell right into it, and the river J for Dems Quads Biatches! Sends him crying home to momma. I blame my taking his whole stack on his unconceivable play.

I ended up giving it back when the flop comes 9xx. I have pocket queens and had raised a decent amount pre-flop. I bet out ten on the flop. One guy folds the other guy calls. Now I am not sure where I am at all so I bet out another ten. In hindsight I should either have checked or pushed here. The river comes a low card. check-check. He hit his runner-runner straight with 95o. Nicely played. He said he had the money. Not if he keeps playing that way.

So what's a girl to do? I have no idea. I hope the Poker Gods come back to my side and give me some of that winning feeling that most of February was .. or at least some equality of cards. I kid you not that I have been beaten when 90+% on the turn in WAYYYYYYYYYYY too many hands this week.

In other news a change of venue has been scheduled for the Kat Fight. It will be happening on Stars. IM me and I will invite you to the chat. It starts 12:00EST tomorrow. Be there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home