Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Felicia and the Final Table

You finished the tournament in 4th place.
A $47.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.


I won money in an PLO8 Tourney. I played well. I played smart. I sucked out twice. Once when I should have and once when my inexperience paid off. It was pretty cool hitting a one outer twice in a tourney. It felt really good.

I was substituting in for Trauma for the last longer team. I had two star players on my team. Drizz and Daddy. Too bad they both dissapointed me greatly (lol). I used Trauma's luck instead of my own and boy did it work.

The first good early hand I had A2xx of spades. The flop comes a WONDERFUL two spades and two low. So there is no way I am folding this hand. Joanne puts me all in with her set. It was HU so this was not a bad move at all. Did I mention that Joanne scares me? Anyway she turns the boat with the card that gives me the nut low. So I am thinking we are going to split. A four of spades hits on the river and I am like "Great I hit the flush too late".. except all the chips start flying my way. It turns out I hit the straight flush on the river. I did not even notice THAT draw. Sorry Jo! You still scare me.

The second big hand was one that shows my lack of experience in O8. I actually know that the bottom set usually sucks but it was either HU or two others in the hand and I THOUGHT I was good. I push all in with my set of 3's and get insta-called with a set of 6's. I am lamenting my loss of a huge amount of chips when.. yup.. you guessed it "DEMS QUADS BIATCHES!".

With those two double-ups I was able to cruise to the final table. It was tough. I folded a ton of hands and got extremely short stacked. Once I made the money I was able to push in with a few good hands and was 3rd in chips for a while. I folded and played my good hands HARD and was able to hold on until 4th place. I actually had a decent hand but the HUGE stack had SOOOOO many chips that he was putting people in on every hand. It was the correct way to play the final table IMHO. It paid off when he flopped a 9 and turned a set. No low for my hand. He shortly after took out Felicia and ZeemJr. Zeem feel free to post your blog in the comments if you read this. I never caught it. So the winner ended up being Jestocost. He played a hell of a game.. and Veneno spotted him 11K in chips which did not hurt either. She ended up in 7th. I was also impressed by Jordon making the final table since he does not play O8 often. All in all a very enjoyable game and a great time for the bloggers. Alot of big names showed up like Al, Iggy, and Mr. Bracelet himself.

It was really fun playing with Felicia too. She and DuggleChicken were probably the best O8 players at the final table. She did say my Blog is the worseworst ever. I *think* she was somewhat kidding. I respect the hell out of her Poker knowlege and her willingness to express her opinions. Even if she really does think my blog is the worse I respect that too.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jestocost said...

Thanks for the props. The good news is I won the tournament. The bad news is that Felicia knows my blog address. If she comments at all, I doubt it will be favorable.

Great playing with you at the final table!

9:31 PM

 
Blogger Joanada said...

Congrats on making it ITM.

You definitely KO'd me with a good hand - though I never thought you would catch that card!

9:39 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

A steel wheel? Ouch.

Excellent finish Waffle, sorry I couldn't help out more.

6:19 AM

 
Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Congrats Waffles! Nice seeing ya at the final.

7:46 AM

 
Blogger Felicia :) said...

It's worst, not worse. And I picked mine as worst, too, so we're obviously a team, lol.

I think I said something like, "Most likely to end up in prison." How is that for praise? Come check it out on LJ sometime, I thought all of the 'awards' were funny, but I have a very sick, warped sense of humor. Maybe you'll get it.

7:58 AM

 
Blogger iamhoff said...

Congrats, Waffle! It looked like a good time. Work prevented me from getting home in time. I showed up and railed in time to see Matt bust out. I will do everything I can to make it to the next one.

8:57 AM

 
Blogger TraumaPoker said...

Thanks for holding it down for me. You did better then I probably would have. I was busy scoring 2 points in our first company basketball game of the season, a victory of course!

9:35 AM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

Thanks for the compliment Waffles! I actually means a lot to me since we were at the same table for so long.
I thought you did a great job.

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Jordan said...

The highlight of my tournament was when you typed in the chatbox: You're playing good." I thought you were being sarcastic, but you really cared. I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

Congrats. I'm damn proud that our little tourney helped pad your bankroll.

1:09 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

yeah, a whole 19 bucks.. lol

4:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did my best Kid Rock impression and folded my way into the $. Maybe I can pay for writing lessons!

4:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home