Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Ooohmahaaaagawwwwd

I AM SO EXCITED. I made a play in O8. It worked too. Here is the situation. I have ATQ4 2 diamonds to the Ace. Some tool raises $3 pre-flop and four people are in so I go along. The flop is AMAZING. It is 2 diamonds, 23. So I have the NUT high draw in multiple ways and the NUT low draw. I push on the flop. The draws HAVE to pay. I am scared I will not make anything but excited. I get two callers for the ride and I hit BOTH hands. I had to give 1/4th to another A4 low but I made a GREAT play and ended up making $32 in one hand. Which was almost double the $40 I bought in for. All this in the first 5 minutes of playing with a bunch of people I hope to get to know better.

My my my.. next hand. A2T9 two hearts. Again a nice two heart flop with the NUT high and LOW. I let my buddy bet this one out. I caught the low on the river. I fully expected to be quartered since three of us were in it. HOWEVER on guy was drawing to the K high flush, the other guy had the AA for the high. So I only took the low. All alone. Up another $15. This by the way was NOT the best way to play A2 low. However it worked out.

OMG. Next hand. A3 s00ted. I flop the NUT low with the A3, turn the NUT straight, with a river possibility of the NUT flush! Only made $11 on that one. Up to $86 right now.

My boy XXTICKERXX who is a decent player had this hand where he had the NUT set and then the NUT boat. I say nice hand Tik. The guy who loses a bunch of money and says “I had the lower boat”. I just GRIN and say “Wow, nice hand, tough luck there”.

Oh then I flop the NUT boat. I make it $3 into a $9 pot to play. I figured I would give the NUT low a chance to get to 4 to a low before I creamed him. I get 4 callers. The turn does not help the NUT low or any highs, so I push, and everyone folds. Up to $95 on my dream table.

OMG! It just got better! Holyman_Zed came by. I heard he is not very good either. Although the night I played with him I thought he was alright. My only fear right now is my wife coming home and telling me it is dinner time.

I can not thank Trauma and Drizz enough for talking through hands with me in Omaha. I play much better when they are there for support. Especially Trauma. They have very different styles, and for now I am more aligned with Drizz. He tends to be more conservative in my opinion.

3 Comments:

Blogger TraumaPoker said...

I am sad now, I still got about an hour left of work before I can go home and join you. DONT TAKE ALL THE DONKEYS MONEY YET!!! LEAVE ME SOME!! I would say Drizz is more conservative then me from what I have seen, having the ability to bounce ideas off both of us probably lets you see some interesting thinking processes. I am digging the small bet on the flopped boat because donkeys do chase runner runner nut low draws.

3:37 PM

 
Blogger merrymonk said...

Great run. It's always nice to read about some winning hands. Much continued good luck. Another great poker blog is
loveablerogues.blogspot.com located at
loveablerogues.com
Loveable Rogues is trying to find out how well poker players are doing. Take a moment to answer their 4 question poll – “Are you winning at Poker”. The poll is at Poker Poll

2:28 AM

 
Blogger Drizztdj said...

I am conservative and come from the School of Felicia, but... I will make moves when I feel the board and players will cooperate.

But with so many people willing to bet into nut-nut hands there's no sense in busting out the fancy-play stuff.

7:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home