Sunday, September 25, 2005

Suckout King

Ok. I sit down at a 2/4 table at Titan. I am there for a couple of minutes. I raise with KK and 4 people call. I end up holding on to that one. I lose one. Then comes this hand. I have AKo. It gets raised, I make it 3, someone makes it 4, FIVE people in pre-flop on this hand. The flop is 87J. So I have overs assuming nobody hit the straight. So I am in second second to last position. It gets bet, it gets raised, I call. It gets called by ALL FIVE people. The turn is a T. So now if someone had a straight draw they just made it. I have overs still, but this makes them weaker. I also have a gutshot NUT straight draw. So I call the 2-Bets. ALL FIVE PEOPLE CALL. Now could everyone have a good hand? I doubt it. However the pot at this point in time is so large that folding would be a mistake. So I call. The river is a beautiful lady. I am golden! Runner-Runner nut straight. No flushes. No Paired board. You can not do that in NL! So the guy before me bets, I raise, and FOUR people call that final 2-BET. MAN! I hit a $75 pot five minutes into playing and almost trippled up. SWEET! The bankroll is just over 600 and I am SMOKING! Now I gotta go eat dinner with the wife.

5 Comments:

Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

How sweet!!! Hope you get lots more of those.

Best of luck to you.

11:31 PM

 
Blogger GaryC said...

Nice playing with you yesterday, SirF. It's always nice to play at a table with bloggers and see the respect given back and forth.

G

6:24 AM

 
Blogger AlCantHang said...

Now just for argument sake, how pissed off would you be (and imagine your writeup) if someone cold called all the way down to catch runner-runner against something like a flopped set with two overcards?

8:42 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I think that post would make his head and bankroll explode Al.

11:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fold after that flop. You will lose money in the long run with this kind of post flop play.

Pre-flop is fine, but that's the easy part of poker.

1:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home