Thursday, April 14, 2005

Swimming some more..

I continued my fishy ways tonight. Losing another buyin. I did dip my toe into the 200/NL arena to see what it was about. I made ½ a buyin which is cool. The main two hands I had were AA vs KK and a bigger flush. I find that for the most part people are less willing to risk large amounts of chips without the nuts. They are willing to draw on you more. I also see alot more fancy play, like checking with TPTK, and then betting the turn if someone suddenly hits there second pair. I got caught calling a few small (5-10) bets with second pair because of this. I need more experience at 200/NL to see if this is going to be an ongoing theme.

Some of the loses tonight were not my fault. I called all in with KK vs QQ on the turn, and he spiked his two outer. I think it might have been better to lay this down but he had under 1/2 a stack and I felt like I was ahead. I think that really set me off and caused me to play a little crazy. I mean I work hard for an hour building my stack up to almost make up for my loses at the second table and WHAM! All gone in one hand.

I am compiling a post of things that set us off and make us play worse for my next post. If you have any idea’s you want to contribute then let me know. I will absolutely be including hitting there two outer on the river and everyone catching there draws every freaking single time. Anyway I hope to get back to my winning ways tonight. If not then so be it but it would be nice.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the first paragraph:
"...someone suddenly hits there second pair. "
should read:
"...someone suddenly hits their second pair."

Same thing with the two "there" uses here:
"I will absolutely be including hitting there two outer on the river and everyone catching there draws every freaking single time."

4:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home