Sunday, January 30, 2005

Growing Slowly

Well.. I busted out of the Talking Poker tourney on stars tonight. I also blew a few bucks there. I am registered for the WPT event on Wednesday! It should be fun! The bankroll stands at just under $100 on Party and just under $50 on Empire. So it is growing I suppose. The little poker I have played has been fun. The play is different and being too aggressive at the .50/1 level can cost you some money. However you get paid off to the river on almost every hand. It sucks when they hit there 3rd 9 on the river, but normally it is fine. Only $500 more until I can play ½! Woo Hoo!

I have been thinking about why I tilted out and I think it has to do with a small thing that was going on: My House was Leaking! Yes. The water started coming through the ceiling. Not fun. So it kind of got me a little stressed about money, and then I lose my Poker Payday, and one thing leads to another and I am back to grinding out a living. Oh well. I guess it is a good thing that I KNOW I can TILT and LOSE A LOT of money no matter how long I have played or how big my bankroll gets. It is probably a lesson worth 3K. Or not.

We shall see how I do with the WPT event. Hope to win it. Not sure if I will or not. I tend to get a little liberal with my betting in NL sometimes. I just hate when people fool me. Instead I should be thinking “Ok, I will fold, but one time I will get your ass!”. I guess it is a fine line.. Wish me well anyway! I think a little birdy might come by and cheer me on!

1 Comments:

Blogger Poker Nerd said...

Slow down. It will take a long time to get it back. Sucks, but that's how it works.

Honestly, I'm not sure what else to say.

I could be the enabling friend or the scolding mommy. Something tells me you need the scolding more, but that's not my place.

Look over at your sidebar and see when you started this thing. That's how long it's going to take to get it back. Maybe longer.

Jesus Fucking Christ, dude...

8:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home