Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Giving it back to the Fish

Poker. Bah! Some nights it can be kind of frustrating. Last night was one of those nights. Did I lose? Hell no! I could have won a lot more though. Instead of a nice $200-$300 dollar night I settled for a bit over $100. That old song is right:

“You got to know when to walk away,
and know when to run”

I never know when to leave. The night started so well too. I doubled my buyin in about an hour. I then spent the rest of the time giving most of it back and scraping for a modest nights profit. I think a few things happened to me last night. One, I should have left. I had doubled my buyin and then some. I started sliding downwards. I should have just said “The heck with it” and gone off and played some NL with the Chief or something. The other thing was a little more profound. I started playing like the fish. I know. I know. I suck. I know you all want to know why?

There are two types of players who throw my game off, one is the maniac, who causes me to take more chances, and the other is the stone cold bluffer! Yeah, you know him. He will bet you down with second pair, bluff with 10 high nothing, and even raise your bet on a scary flop. So what do you do? Well, you always show down with him, right? WRONG! Let him have his puny pots. DO NOT call down with 3rd pair just because it was good against him last time. He is the fish not you! So play your game. I forgot this last night and it cost me some money. Oh well. There is always tonight!

1 Comments:

Blogger Human Head said...

(begin fist shake) Stupid stone cold bluffing fish. (end fist shake)

9:15 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home