Monday, January 17, 2005

47ohhhhhmyyyyyyyyyyyy

Was this a terrible play? I think it was fine. Pre-Flop I am the BB. I flop a straight draw with 8 outs. I am getting 4-1 for every buck I put in. I think it was ok. Anyway: Go PlatyMango!

***** Hand History for Game 1452939089 *****
$5/$10 Hold'em - Monday, January 17, 22:49:36 EDT 2005
Table Table 15222 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 3: scshore ( $142 )
Seat 6: SirFWALGMan ( $318.5 )
Seat 8: Gamblini ( $503.5 )
Seat 10: ScaryEnigma ( $163.5 )
Seat 5: Hoopty05 ( $69 )
Seat 1: dashadd ( $187 )
Hoopty05 posts small blind [$2].
SirFWALGMan posts big blind [$5].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SirFWALGMan [ 4d 7h ]
Gamblini calls [$5].
ScaryEnigma calls [$5].
dashadd calls [$5].
scshore folds.
Hoopty05 calls [$3].
SirFWALGMan checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Jc, 5d, 6h ]
Hoopty05 bets [$5].
SirFWALGMan calls [$5].
Gamblini calls [$5].
ScaryEnigma calls [$5].
dashadd raises [$10].
Hoopty05 raises [$10].
SirFWALGMan calls [$10].
Gamblini calls [$10].
ScaryEnigma folds.
dashadd raises [$10].
Hoopty05 calls [$5].
SirFWALGMan calls [$5].
Gamblini calls [$5].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9d ]
Hoopty05 checks.
SirFWALGMan checks.
Gamblini checks.
dashadd bets [$10].
Hoopty05 calls [$10].
SirFWALGMan calls [$10].
Gamblini raises [$20].
dashadd calls [$10].
Hoopty05 calls [$10].
SirFWALGMan calls [$10].
** Dealing River ** [ 3d ]
Hoopty05 checks.
SirFWALGMan checks.
Gamblini bets [$10].
dashadd calls [$10].
Hoopty05 calls [$10].
SirFWALGMan calls [$10].
Gamblini shows [ 5h, 5s ] three of a kind, fives.
dashadd shows [ Tc, Js ] a pair of jacks.
Hoopty05 doesn't show [ Jd, 7s ] a pair of jacks.
SirFWALGMan shows [ 4d, 7h ] a straight, three to seven.
SirFWALGMan wins $228 from the main pot with a straight, three to seven.
YES!

9 Comments:

Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

You were getting odds for each call, and against the known hands plus one random hand, had 26% pot equity, which is more than your fair share in a 5-way pot.

Hoopty's 3-bet on the flop was awful.

I think you could have put in a raise on the river, despite the possible flush. Since it would have been a backdoor flush draw, I wouldn't have worried as much about it. Then again, I've seen it happen.

I'm surprised they let you see the flop for free. Have you been defending your blinds?

2:53 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Glyph: This is why I choose tables with small pot sizes. Tend to let me play a little more passive and play more QJ's, J10's, and BB Specials like 47o!

Chiq: 5/10 6-Sided is JUICY! JUICY! JUICY! The players are for the most part horrible. I try to chose tables where the players seem weak, and prey on them. I am not sure if this qualifies as Poker but shooting fish in a barrel is a good sport too.

The downside of course is what happened in another hand:

AK: Raise pre-Flop. 1 caller. Flop Axx. I Check. He bets. I raise. He Re-Raise. I cap. Now I am a little scared he hit 2 pair.

Turn: J. I bet. He calls.
River: 2. I bet. he Raised. I called because I was curious as hell.

The winner: 2 Pair. Jacks and Two's. ROLF! and LOL! At least I know I am at the right table as the near $300 profit for the night proves.

4:37 AM

 
Blogger DuggleBogey said...

I know I always give you crap that those 6-max tables are a crutch, but I don't blame you one bit for playing them.

My theory is that 6-max tables are specifically there for action junkies. If your game is to the point where you can take advantage of people who want to win hands and not money, then by all means you should take advantage and take their money. I hope you bust them all!

Good work! Would you have called a pre-flop raise?

5:07 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

BTW - This is how I rated the players:

Gamblini: Solid player. A little loose for my taste but winning and playing well.

Hoopty05: He was like on his 4th $79 buyin to this table, and would call to the river with Ace high.

ScaryEnigma: Not as bad as Hoopty05 but same 5/10 Mentality.

dashadd: No good read. Average Player.

The conversation that followed this hand went something like this:

Gamblini: I hate you
Sir: Hey, I had Odds all the way
scshore: Yeah, did you have odds when you played that hand to begin with.
Sir: I was the BB. I would never have played that junk normally, but the flop was good and I was getting 4-1 on back on every bet.
Sir: Gamblini, please don't hate me. I am not sure if I can live with myself if you do. I thought we were getting along well.
Gamblini: I am just kidding.
Sir: Great! Now I can die happy.

So to answer your question, no, I would not have played that hand if I had to pay. Once the flop came it was a no brainer though.

6:18 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Oh yeah, and I did not raise the river because I felt for sure someone was drawing for the diamond flush. I felt someone was going to turn over 23 of diamonds or something. I know I am weak!

6:19 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Josh:

They are very Juicy! I am glad to have helped. They however have constant runner-runner suckouts, which is why instead of value betting the river, I play it scared, and I even sometimes will just check TP at the river. People like to check raise you there with there two pair.

I will however say to you the same thing I said when we were playing: "Son, stay away from my table!".. heh. You did not listen to me then so I guess I have no chance now. I have been on a run. Smashing the 5/10 6-Max for a solid 3-4 days. It feels good and I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

8:42 AM

 
Blogger April said...

You won. I see no problem. :)

What the hell do I know? Me no playey limit. I should probably learn, esp. after BB's post today, but I think I would like to work on my 7 Stud game actually.

Anyway...I love your table chat. Wish I did know limit and had the roll to be able to play with you...it would be a blast, I'm sure.

11:24 AM

 
Blogger Predator314 said...

The juicy games are getting fewer these days. I think there are a bunch of 2+2 players on these tables now and most of them play weak tight. I've found myself at many $5/10 6 max tables winning the blinds and little more. I have been lucky enough to find some juicy players and follow them around. The problem is that at the $5/10 6 max tables, they go broke rather quickly.

One thing I've been doing to help with my table selection is firing up every party skin I have (Party, Empire, Intertops, and PokerNow) right before bed time. I will then pick out 12 random $5/10 6 max tables and let Poker Tracker do the rest. This way I can try to stay away from "Shark Infested Waters" if you know what I mean.

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Shelly said...

Nice!

Hey, are usernames from one Party skin to another the same? Or all different? I know mine on Party and Empire are different, but I never tried logging in to one with the other name. Hmmm.

10:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home