Monday, November 08, 2004

I HATE NL

Level 3: Been folding my ass off. Hurts my pride. Made one move on this level. A lag raises me all in after he bet, so I call with a pair of 10’s. A classic AQ vs 10-10 situation and I double up.

Level 4: Back from the break. Pre-flop raise. Two players. One calling station bets it down to the river. I only have A high, but I win the pot. Nice! I was reading the player and made $800.

AK again and get the Ace on the flop now. I limp in with 4’s and pickup a boat! Up to $3005! Sweetness. Nobody believed I had the boat. So I got into a fight with some guy. It was awesome!

Jerk: You did not have a boat
Me: if you say so
Jerk: so
Me: So-So Suck my Toe, You don’t have enough dough.


See I am an asshole! Heh. So now I have like 2 people at the table who hate me. I am not going to get into the first guys problem.

Level 5: Some one is all in when I have TPTK. It was $1000 to call him. I figured he was bluffing and was right. He has second pair and a straight draw. I am up to $4200 now. I made a rude comment because he went all in except $145, I say “You should go all in if your gonna do that”.. he said the button slipped. I felt bad because I had thought he had left. Sorry dude!

We are now down to 99 players and I am doing well for this NL crap. I am almost the Big Stack and can ride the 25/50 blinds where others cannot for a while. I might make the money if I am not stupid.

Been riding out the rest of the 5th level.

Level 6: KK. It is raised slightly before me, I raise again, and the guy across from me raises all in. He covers me. It’s the classic KK vs AA. Out 58th place! Should I have folded? I don’t know. I hate NL! Bah!

6 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Had there been a K on the flop you would have been telling us how much you loved NL... ;)

10:23 PM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Read my past posts.. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate NL!

6:32 AM

 
Blogger Drizztdj said...

NL does suck.... except when you're holding the nuts and 5 Partypoker yahoos are pushing in all off second pair.

8:48 AM

 
Blogger gaamblor said...

Level 5: Some one is all in when I have TPTK. It was $1000 to call him. I figured he was bluffing and was right. He has second pair and a straight draw.

You think 2nd pair and a straight draw is a bluff? If its an open end draw he's ahead of you

9:00 AM

 
Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

It was a gutshot straight draw if I remember right. Either way chasing draws in NL is a good way to loose alot of money if you ask me. Like I said I hate NL and I suck at it.. but I would never put my whole tourney on 4 outs max unless I was critically short-stacked.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger Diboss said...

One of the things I've come to learn is that you never call an all-in preflop except a) It's a cheap call or b) You're the short stack, both of these requiring you to have a pretty good hand, preferably a high pair. Two nights ago I was on the button with TT, one guy raised and another guy raised a lot higher. I've had too many situations against AA, I knew that hand would cost me at least half my stack before I'd be smart enough to fold. Another bad thing about NL is when you're the chip leader, call two all-ins with great hands, get bad beat in both, and suddenly you're the extremely short stack. Damn, I hate NL! Ok, not really, but sometimes I do.

12:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home