I am thinking about updating the Blog a little less frequently. It excites me to be winning and having fun at 3/6, building the bankroll at the best clip yet. It is VERY exciting to see numbers that are meaningful to me. When your making over 100K a year a fifty-buck win just does not mean much. However seeing possible earnings of 3K a month becomes significant. At least 3K is my goal right now at 3/6 playing two tables. However mentioning how much I win a night HAS to be boring to my readers. I am thinking the Blog is going to go through different stages. It will be interesting at times, when I am growing in my game, and learning a lot about Poker. At times I will hit plateaus where my game is not growing and things are less interesting to outsiders. I am really interested in taking the next steps and becoming a far better player. I have not made moves in that direction lately however.
I think my game is good. Not great, not awesome but good. I play a very good pre-flop game. Extremely aggressive. I have a wide range of starting hands that I raise with. In accordance with SSHE loose rules. I like this because you will never know if I have AK, KK, or 99 when that K hits the board. NEVER! Bahahahaha! I think re-evaluating my pre-flop selections was the last leap in my game. I have improved my post-flop aggression a lot but not to the point where I get an aggressive rating in PT. I am at least comfortable with my play here. I win a lot of pots straight out with flush draws. People get really nervous when you raise them on a fairly passive board. I think most people assume trips immediately! I like raising with my 4 to a flush hands. I keep getting people yelling at me for it so I must be doing something right.
I would describe my game now as a loose, somewhat intuitive game. I try and figure out what the other guy thinks I have and bet accordingly. I usually will not throw money away chasing things. I roughly calculate things like pot odds and the like. I generally enjoy myself.
I think the next step in my game is going to come from one of two ways. I will either get a new book about middle-stakes Hold em and learn something new. It would probably be a good peek into a higher level game, but honestly I still have a lot of work to do in the low limit arena. The next place to improve is in my study habits. In both reviewing my hand histories more diligently, and calculating the real odds, etc.. for a given hand.
Anyway in the vein of keeping this thing somewhat interesting I am soliciting feedback in two polls. Vote clearly and often! In both this and the Nov 2nd elections:
A: Should I update the Blog a little less frequently.
1. Yes Dude! I am getting sick of reading ten updates a day!
2. No way! What the hell am I going to do at work!
B: What content in the site keeps bringing you back?
1. Love to hear about Al kicking your ass in very nearly anything he does.
2. Waiting to see you bust out again! I could not stop laughing the first time.
3. Excellent to see your Bankroll rise, if a moron like you can do it then I should quit my .50/1 game and start playing 3/6 right away!
4. I love to grade your Blog from a Grammatical and spelling perspective, it gives my 5th grade English class a great example of what not to do.
5. I keep waiting for those gems of Poker knowledge to seep out ever few months, if I can wade through the sewage than I actually pick something good up on occasion.
6. Your such a big looser it makes me feel better about my life.
7. Want to see how your going to spell Hold’em this week.
8. Waiting to see how you react when the Patriots lose.
9. It is interesting to follow along with someone who is (Ahead, Same, Behind) of where I am in Poker and figure out how to progress.
10. Want to see if you score with Rainbow Bright! (heh, just kidding, I am a really faithful husband if your reading this honey!)
11. I cannot die until I know what the hell SirFWALGMan means! (For those of you who want to know you will have to wait for the 1 year anniversary. John knows but he is not saying!?!?! I will give you a tease it is broken down into the following word groupings Sir F W A L G Man. Each portion signifying a different word. It is very anti-climatic so you might just want to stop reading now.)