Saturday, October 09, 2004

Exceeeeelllllent

Had one of those nights that you cannot do any wrong. Got four of a kind 2 hands in a row. That sums up the night on one of my tables. Up $108 and smiling all the way.

I had a pair of 9’s, raised pre-flop. A king appeared on the flop. I always pop a bet in when this happens. It scares a lot of people off the pot. I got called by two. I then checked the turn and would have folded. Nobody bet. Sooo.. I took infinite odds and pulled a 9 out of my butt. I got accused of sucking someone out on that one. If you give me infinite odds you cannot say anything!

I did get a nice suckout after that. I was dealt 88. It was not raised pre-flop. The betting was hard and heavy on the flop, and turn. I had flopped 4 to a straight. I knew I should not be calling these 2-4 cap bets HOWEVER there was a lot of money, and I was feeling lucky. I know –EV in the long run probably, but my straight held up when I made it on the river and people were pissed! I said “Now that was a suckout!”.

I wish tonight’s table was tomorrow nights 50K. *sigh*. I hope to do as well. It is NL and that is not my specialty.. so my strategy is to play conservative early.. not even get into a hand where I am raised a bunch of money unless I have the NUTS. I am going to play pre-flop aggressive. 4xBB for premium cards. I am going to play tight strategy too. None of this loose stuff since I need to survive and get pots on those 2-3 awesome hands you always get. The wife has already said she is taking a cut of the winnings. She wants a fifth if I win first place. I should get her to pray to the saint of gambling. Is there one? St. Iggy? Oh the humanity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home