Wednesday, September 08, 2004

It's all Luck

Had a nice night. Doubled up on three tables and busted out on one. The one I busted out on just was crewl. Flop a straight and get beat by a flush. You know the routine. So I was back over $700 for a few minutes until making a huge mistake. There is a little voice inside me that says "STOP! YOU KNOW YOUR FREAKING BEAT DUMMY!". I was dealt JJ and raised. It was capped. The flop was 8-9-10. Three people in. Nobody bet it up. So I hit it. Everyone called. Some junk on the turn. Single bet again. It was then that the disaster part happened. I got a J on the river. I knew immediatly I was beaten. I figured one guy on AQ. Not sure about the other guy. However like a fish I end up calling the capped pot with the 3rd best hand. Beaten by KQ and Q2. At least Q2 got beaten too. Yes I am vindictive. I would have been at $55 or so, instead I ended up around $44. Oh well. One of these days I will learn. Capping means something, even in low limit.

At least I still ended up almost doubled up. The pot I doubled up on was questionable to. It was with Q2 guy. He is on my buddy list now. I had AK and I made sure it was capped pre-flop. There were like 7 people seeing this flop. The flop was AA/KK. I thought that Q3 might have AA or KK. I bet into the pot to see. He raised me. Everyone else folded except for one guy. I check / called to the river because I was damn well going to see the AA or KK when the pot was $25 and I had the 3rd A and K and everyone besides Q3 was check/calling. It turns out the moron who was betting to the river and at the river has Q8 of spades. A diamond flush draw was on the board so I asked him "Did you think those were diamonds?" his reply "It is all luck". Yup. For some people it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home