Sunday, September 05, 2004

Any two S000ted

I think I give people the impression that I play any flush draw and this is not true. On some days I will play them a little liberal but my basic strategy is as follows.

I judge my s00ted calls by position and possibility to make other hands. I will play a flush draw with a high card in most positions as long as it has a A,K,Q,J with it. If it is raised before it gets to me I will usually call it with AK but fold it with the others. I kind of depends on feeling which is probably bad, but I never said I was perfect.

If I have a lower flush I almost never play it unless I am the SB or BB or sometimes the button. I do not like being raised with these small flushes and I have been beaten by A high flush against my K high to not want to play really small cards.

Once the flop happens everything depends on how many callers I have. If I make four to my flush I am usually playing it until then end. I am betting it every round for sure. I am not raising it until I make the flush, but I am making sure I get money each round. The reason for this is because once I make the flush people will start slowing down the betting.

If I am three to a flush I want to have 4-5 people in the pot to continue. I also do not want to see the pots being raised to a buck or two each turn. I will fold this instantly. If I miss my flush on the turn or river I am out. If I only have one called left by the turn it depends on that ugly feeling thing again. but I will check or fold it.

So that is my basic s000ted play, probably a little loose, but it works out for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home