Tuesday, August 10, 2004

NL is my Friend Again

The Night started dismal. I was playing .50/1 ring. My A-10 trumped by AK, trips by trips with a higher kicker. I could not make a flush if my life depended on it. I folded a $30 pot. This was a BIG mistake. I had a trip tens. It would have cost me $3 to see it to the end. There was a straight and a flush draw on the board and people were going after me like crazy. In hindsite this was a bad fold, not because I would have won, but because the amount I would have to put in was MUCH less than what was in the pot.

I then decide to try a 10/1 Tourney. I play really careful until five are left and then I make two mistakes. One was calling a big bet pre-flop with a small pair. I told myself not to call any raises and then clicked the button anyway. Had to fold on the flop. The second mistake was when the board flopped QQ6. I had the 6, but someone else had the Q. Bad move on my part calling them. Damn!

So then I played some $25 NL. The deck slapped me in the face. I COULD not miss. 66 became 666. Boats. Flushes. Everything was running for me. One hand I remember and feel sort of bad about. KQ Spades. Flop is A-10-3 spade. One guy bets out three bucks. I type "No way you have it!". I call. Next card is a 6 diamond. He bets out $10, I raise him another $5. He calls. Last card is a 4 of spades. He bets $5 I raise $19, he has the smarts to fold. I felt bad for taunting him, but I guess it worked.

Overall good night. I had a few losing sessions, so I am back under $300 to $295 after tonights wins. Overall I think I am playing well. Not going over my head. Steadily growing my stash. If I have some more good NL sessions I will be up to 1K in no time. Still want to do well in my .50/1 and tourney. I want to try some multi table tourneys. Empire does not have alot to choose from though. The $5/1 is never full when I look.. and the rest are entries to other contests. These are good, but I have to win two tourneys to get anything I think. I may try one of the big ones just for the hell of it. Would be nice to win 50K! heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home