Friday, August 13, 2004

FFL

Poker Distraction started up a Blogger FFL. Fantasy Football League for those of you who do not know. I have never participated in one of these things, but figured it might be fun. I am already being called a liar and a windbag and the season has not even started yet:

"SirFWALGMan has decided to join the fray in the FFL. He says he's never played, but is a fan. He could be sandbagging... we'll see. Either way, I've added a link to his blog on the right, it's "Online Poker Thoughts", go check him out. He posts very frequently... and frequently posts long."

- Roberto Roundtree Rogelio
Poker Distractions

Now I might not care too much about Fantasy Leagues and all of that even if I love football. One think that is important to me though is winning! Yes! I think this has alot to do with why I like Poker. I think I have a good chance of being a consistently good and winning player. So I spent the end of today scouting out a team. From what I understand you need like 2 QB's, 3-4 Receivers, 3-4 Running Backs, a Tight End, a Kicker and two defenses. I do not know how many people you get to take overall maybe these are the limits? If Roberto is reading this maybe he can fill me in. I have chosen 9 defenses, 7 QBs, 15 RBs, 8 TEs, 14 WRs, and 6 Kickers that I like so far and ranked them in order. Hopefully this is enough of a pool to make a team from? If I need some more let me know.

The only other useful information I have figured out so far is that you should pick your running backs early in the draft. You MUST have two good RBs to succeed. I will continue my research. I probably will not do a full post again because this IS a Poker Blog, but you might get it slipped in every once in a while especially if I am crushing my opponents! Die Pagan Scum!

I like my choices so far and hope that I can get one of the choices I have made. It is the only one I really want. I am not going to say who it is, but I am going to get it as quickly as possible without jeopardizing my team. Wish the Boston Bullets luck this year! See I tied Poker into this post after all.







2 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Roundtree Rogelio said...

Yeah.. the setup is a certain number of "starters" at each position, and then "bench" players... the bench players can be at whatever position you want, but you can only play a set number of them each week. Any stats of players not in the game don't count.

I've set it up where it should be pretty high scoring, some leagues are intentionally set up to make it tough, but I thought it'd be more fun if it was a shootout each week.

The draft is definitly the key; I try to get a stud RB and a 1st tier WR along with a consistent QB. They don't have to be flashy, but if there's steady production it'll come through in the end.

Trades could play a major role too... if you didn't get who you wanted, but have something to offer... who knows...

Or I could just be full of crap. Only time will tell.

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Roberto Roundtree Rogelio said...

Yeah.. the setup is a certain number of "starters" at each position, and then "bench" players... the bench players can be at whatever position you want, but you can only play a set number of them each week. Any stats of players not in the game don't count.

I've set it up where it should be pretty high scoring, some leagues are intentionally set up to make it tough, but I thought it'd be more fun if it was a shootout each week.

The draft is definitly the key; I try to get a stud RB and a 1st tier WR along with a consistent QB. They don't have to be flashy, but if there's steady production it'll come through in the end.

Trades could play a major role too... if you didn't get who you wanted, but have something to offer... who knows...

Or I could just be full of crap. Only time will tell.

10:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home