Friday, July 30, 2004

Up and Down All Around

Small tilt last night. Played some good poker and some really bad poker. The one thing that really annoys me about NL is you can spend the night making a nice pot, and then lose it all on one hand when your not quite the NUTS.

Last night was one of those nights where I had the following things happen. Trips beaten by Higher Trips (2x), Flush Beaten by Higher Flush (4x), 2 Pair with the high card beaten by two pair with the high card and a higher second card. I think is was Q3 vs Q7.

I had some good hands too. KK gets called to the river by a maniac on the 5/10 tables (this is the tilt part) and wins a huge pot. I found the best 5/10 table of my life, but my inconsistency only allowed me to take 5BB out. I mean this maniac was pre-flop raising on almost anything. He would raise you if he had an A and you bet on a flop with J-rag-rag. All the way to the river and then beyond, even though he did not have two cards to rub together. Unfortunately this lead me to a syndrome I like to call "He can't ever get a good card syndrome". I.E. Nahh, He doesn't have the boat. I am going to call him like a fish.

Anyway, I think I need more consistency. I see a lot of my nights going like 10 bucks up, 5 bucks down, 20 bucks up, 15 bucks down. I think it has to do a lot with getting too loose when I start winning. I need to buckle down. I really respect the people on the tables who never give anything back. While I am doing my best yo-yo imitation they steadily, 1 pot here, 1 pot there, build up a nice winning night.

The funny thing about last night was if I had quit at 12AM I would have had the same amount of money as when I did quit at 3-4AM. Anyway, working, working, working. I still like the $25 tables even though I took a little beating last night. I just need to be disciplined enough to say "I am going to lose/win 1 $25 NL, and 1 $40 1/2 per session." If I lose then so be it. If I win, then I take the winning and leave. Keeping a consistent amount every night is a good idea. I think it might even be good to say leave when I lose $65, leave when I get to $140, and then fall back $10. That way if I am riding a good table I do not just leave because I won some money. Anyway, going to play around. Probably a lot of nights I will leave just a little ahead. Still trying to catch the illusive $1200.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home